19 Times Blair Waldorf Said What Every Single Girl Was Thinking
She is us and we are her.
As well as singlehandedly managing to bring back the headband as an acceptable fashion accessory, Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl spoke a whole lot of sense.
Sure she might've been involved in the ultimate on-off relationship with the one and only Chuck Bass, but nobody know better the struggle of the single life than she. Plus she called out Lonely Boy on day one - and we all know what he ended up being responsible for.
Here's 19 times she 100% said what every single girl out there was thinking.
1. When your crush tries to friend-zone you. Again.
2. When your non-single friends try to set you up for the gazillionth time, because they can’t seem to understand that you are a perfectly whole and happy person, and don’t need a relationship to define you.
3. When you scroll past the sixth cringe ‘SHE SAID YES’ engagement post on Facebook in a week.
Ditto for all those old school friends who are now spawning actual children.
4. When family members attempt the ‘have you found yourself a nice man?’ chat at Auntie Muriel’s 80th birthday party.
Look Susan, I’m not asking you about your divorce, so how about we shut the relationship chat down, yeah?
5. When your BFF is trying to bail on being your wingman a few hours before you were supposed to be meeting because she’s ‘tired’.
6. When the person you’ve been seeing starts talking to a skull.
Just kidding - when the person you’ve been seeing turns out to be batsh*t all you want is just a little bit of romance, dammit.
7. When you catch sight of your celeb crush looking typically wonderful.
No wonder you can’t find yourself a normal non-famous human - nobody can possibly compare to Harry Styles/Ryan Gosling/Jennifer Lawrence/insert celeb name here.
8. When you see your ex is in a relationship with someone new. It’s fine if you don’t say it out loud, right?
9. When you need a pep talk after the one you thought you were in to turns out to be a selfish toad.
10. When someone stomps all over your heart and leaves you feeling broken.
11. When you’re out having a MEGA time with friends and you bump into your ex.
12. When someone asks why you’re signed up to quite so many dating apps.
13. After a particularly bad date.
14. When you’re waiting for a text back and you try SO HARD to convince yourself you don’t care, that you haven’t ~gasp~ caught feelings and that you’re totally cool as a cucumber about the whole thing...
...Only to jump on your phone the minute it beeps, obviously.
15. When someone asks you what kind of person you want to end up with, as if that’s your ultimate life goal.
16. When a potential suitor implies that you’re a prude because you’re waiting to do the horizontal fandango.
17. When your friend says she’ll run to the shops and pick up some ice-cream for movie night.
You, Ben & Jerry - now that’s a love for the history books.
18. When all your formerly single friends are coupled up and doing boring couple things on a Saturday night.
19. When someone moves in on your crush.
BACK OFF. Ahem.
- By Lizzie Cox.