Posts People With Anxiety Will Hands Up Relate To
Dealing with anxiety every day? You'll relate to these tweets on a spiritual level, so see 'em all at MTV.co.uk.
If you deal with anxiety on the daily, you’ll know that it can be an absolute bitch to live with, but luckily there’s loads of awesome people out there on the interwebs talking openly about their battle with the issue to help you out.
As well as all of the serious and honest mental health discussion out there, Twitter is a pretty great place to head if you wanna find people who just GET you and your anxiety on a spiritual level, with some help from a genius sense of humour about the whole thing.
Here’s 23 accurate tweets about anxiety that’ll make you say ‘yep, that’s me’.
1. When your version of a lullaby is contemplating the cold, hard truths of life and death.
2. When your anxiety makes sure that you don't take life too seriously. Oh wait.
3. When your all-consuming worries help to make a good first impression.
4. When you're anxious af but still too lazy to actually do anything to minimise the problem.
5. When you're basically just one big mental health issue sandwich.
6. When your anxiety is like the worst wingman of all time.
7. When your problems turn you into the real life version of the Selena crying face.
8. When you just have a couple of small concerns on your plate to deal with.
9. When even your Netflix and chill sessions in comfy pyjamas manage to turn into a life crisis.
10. When people think they're being helpful and reassuring.
11. When your anxiety is like a foreign spy that trusts no man.
12. When you're open and welcoming to all possibilities of an obscure, stress-related breakdown.
13. When your anxiety likes to remind you that you're the most annoying person of all time.
14. And when your anxiety likes to remind you that every movement you make is weird.
15. When your anixety only has a handful of minor triggers that you need to keep an eye out for. Easy peasy.
16. When your anxiety is basically the annoying sidekick from most 90s movies.
17. When you know you could be about to internally combust into a ball of fire and you'd still keep it to yourself.
18. When your anxiety is about as helpful and explanatory as Dumbledore.
19. When you're just casually drowning in self-doubt on the daily.
20. When you don't even need to go to the gym because you're profusely stress-sweating at all times.
21. When your anxiety is that annoying friend that never lets you forget your most embarrassing moments.
22. When even your good friends sleep and comfort-eating turn their back on you.
23. And when this is the most accurate damn tweet you've ever seen.
Words by Lucy Wood
Literally you. Now, how about we check out this video below talking all things feminism? YAAAS.