13 Pinterest creations that prove the unicorn trend has gone TOO FAR
Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr and YouTube have collectively spent the past year or so making unicorns happen. Yup, the unicorn trend has been sprinkling your life with everything pastel, sparkly, soft and squishy for quite some time now.
Pretty much every part of life has been given the unicorn treatment, but what started out as cute and magical is now officially out of control, and you can’t go scrolling for more than 30 seconds anymore without being bombarded by unicorn snacks, unicorn tears and bloody arsing UNICORN POOP. So much SPARKLY RAINBOW POOP that we're all supposed to EAT. LITERALLY EVEYWHERE. Make it go away.
Call us miserable, but here’s 13 full on bonkers Pinterest creations/nightmares that prove this whole thing needs to stop once and for all.
1. This unicorn horn hairstyle.
This isn't even being pitched as fancy dress anymore. Just casual, every day 'unicorn vibes'.
2. This unicorn eyeliner.
Although quite pretty and very skilled, literally no human being has the time to do this in the morning.
3. This DIY project for 'unicorn slime'.
Tbh this one sounds like something from a fairytale STI clinic.
4. This recipe for 'Unicorn Poop Meringues'.Since when is poop appetising? NO ONE WANTS TO EAT POOP OF ANY KIND.
5. This unicorn snot.Once, this was just harmless, inoffensive body glitter gel. This trend has done strange things to the world.
6. These doughnuts which aren't just doughnuts.They're 'doughnicorns'. Don't just write 'ICORNS' on the end of ANY RANDOM WORD. For the love of god.
7. Unicorn horn inspired nails.
a) Impractical and b) terrifying. Glitter nail polish is enough of a pain in the arse on normal nails, let alone combined with this.
8. These refreshing unicorn beverages.Seemingly claiming to be made of mystical animal piss and misery. DELICIOUS.
9. These unicorn pumpkins.Ruining what was once a super spooky, badass celebration of the dead with their adorable rainbow hair. Unicorns, you can't sit with us at Halloween.
10. Unicorn toast.
Oh for god's sake, this doesn't even look appetising. Coloured cream cheese on toast is not a good brunch.
11. This tutoral for 'edible unicorn tears'.
Seeing as they're meant to be joyful and majestic af, unicorns sure do cry a lot. Side note, these also look a lot like boob implants.
12. This unicorn coffee mug and this unicorn beach towel.This mug mentions some fairly disturbing things. Wanting to stab people with a horn is fairly disturbing.
And as for the towel, surely unicorns are quite closely related to horses? Horses can definitely swim, so um...literally no one said unicorns can't swim. They're magical, OBVIOUSLY they can swim.
13. And last but not least, unicorn tacos.
LEAVE TACOS ALONE, you monsters.
Words by Lucy Wood
Let's turn off the internet forever - after we have a watch of guys and girls taking the most awkward sexy Would You Rather quiz.