20 Accurate Memes Every University Student Will 100% Relate To
Nothing like laughing at your own pain and suffering
Ahh, remember the time before you move to uni? It was so pure, so innocent. There you were, dreaming of the days that you could skip off to the library with nothing but a bag full of books and a thirst for knowledge to keep you company.
But first things first, Queen Courtney Act is here with all the important life lessons you need to know about consent...
You were going to cook yourself delicious dinners, take up new hobbies, feel motivated and start your days with early morning yoga. Oh, and don’t forget that wild yet wholesome social life shared with undiscovered soulmates from across the world.
But fast forward to your actual university life, and errr… well, most days basically just involve skipping lectures because your hangover is ruining your life and eating chicken dippers between two slices of burnt toast, really.
Classic uni. Here’s 20 painfully accurate memes that every university student will relate to, because there’s nothing like laughing at your own eternal misery.
1. When you want a bowl of cereal but it'll probably cost you a game of Ring Of Fire.
2. Forever wondering when this is supposed to become a fulfilling and educational experience.
3. When you're feeling personally victimised by the seminar leader. She doesn't even go here.
4. Because it's basically impossible to be productive without overpriced supplies from the cafe.
5. That moment when you realise you were definitely too smart for uni anyway.
6. Yes you've had this assignment for 6 weeks, but you're obviously gonna wait until the final night to start it.
7. A string of unncessary adjectives is always a good idea when word counts are involved.
8. Never related to GC quite as much as in this exact moment. Preach, queen.
9. Life is honestly so unfair because you're honestly trying to hard. Honestly.
10. Leaving your bed, wearing actual clothes and walking three minutes to the lecture hall are all acts that are worthy of self care.
11. When you've been staring at your pages for so long that human words have lost all meaning.
12. At some point, someone will discover that you are yet to visit the library. And it will not be pretty.
13. While you struggle to find a pen that works and a receipt that you haven't already scribbled on.
14. When your attempt to get a few extra marks through sheer likeability falls flat.
15. One absence mark away from failing the course, but at this point it's probably/definitely worth it.
16. Nothing like a group project to remind you just how much you hate everyone else on the planet.
17. A phonebook full of contacts made in freshers week that you've never figured out the true identity of.
18. While you're wearing leggings with a whole in the crotch and a top that you won from a tshirt gun last night.
19. Weighing up whether staying cosy under your duvet is worth dying in unfortunate, extremely hot circumstances.
20. And last but not least, the photograph that accurately sums up the sheer disappointment of all freshers events.
Words by Lucy Wood