Magic Mike XXL Begins Filming
The sequel to the jaw-dropping stripper movie has officially begun production...
Brace yourself ladies and gents, for Magic Mike XXL has begun production!
Steven Soderbergh, the man behind the original male stripper film starring Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey, tweeted a pic of the sequel's clapperboard, captioning it: "It's ON!"
It's ON! pic.twitter.com/zczZdpqzdt
— Bitchuation (@Bitchuation) August 31, 2014
He may have passed the director's torch on to Gregory Jacobs, but he is still just as involved for the highly anticipated second instalment.
"He worked as a producer on the  movie and has been Steven's right-hand man for almost 25 movies," Tatum told The Hollywood Reporter.
"He is such an opinionated and talented man, if he wants to do a five-minute tracking shot through a forest, you don't want to doubt him. It would be like having sex with your girlfriend while her porn-star ex-boyfriend is in the room watching you," he added.
Soderbergh has previously told GQ that this time around, things would be different: "I want to be there, but I don't want to be the director."
"I want to be a part of it. I want to be in the band, but I just don't want to be the frontman this time," he explained.
Magic Mike XXL is set to hit cinemas summer 2015.