Win A Trip To LA For A One Week Training Programme On Virtual Reality In Film With MTV Breaks and Sony Pictures’ The Walk
You could be heading to LA for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Are you an aspiring movie-maker who’s bursting with creative ideas? Then get ready for an amazing MTV Breaks opportunity with a prize like no other.
Only one man – Philippe Petit (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) has ever, or will ever, walk in the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. He achieved what most would consider an impossible dream.
Inspired by the upcoming film The Walk, we’re working with Sony Pictures to offer one budding filmmaker the chance of a lifetime – to experience a one week training programme at Virtual Reality Shop, Create VR in Culver City, LA.
During that week, the winner will:
• Be given an in-depth overview of working with Virtual Reality and the full VR landscape
• Get hands-on experience with VR cameras and given an introduction to the stitching process
• Be trained in production philosophy, material capture and stitching, including working on test shoots
How to Enter:
We want you to tweet us your concept for a virtual reality film, along with a link to your previous work or showreel. You’ll have less than 140 characters to sell your idea, so make sure every single word counts. It’s vital that you use both #MTVBreaks and #ImpossibleDream, otherwise your entry won’t count.
Here’s an example:
More about The Walk:
The Walk tells the true story of Philippe Petit (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), the French high-rise artist who rose to fame in the seventies for his daredevil stunts. The film follows Petit as he prepares for his biggest challenge yet – walking the huge void between the two World Trade Centre towers. Also starring Sir Ben Kingsley, the film uses the newest photorealistic techniques and some genuine IMAX 3D wizardry to ensure that every viewer feels as they too are walking amongst the crowds.
KEY TERMS FOR MTV BREAKS & SONY PICTURES ‘THE WALK’ VR CREATE OPPORTUNITY
1. This initiative is open only to entrants aged between 18 and 26 (inclusive) resident in one of the following countries only:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uruguay and Venezuela.
2. Entrants must not be a professional filmmaker or have previously been employed or otherwise have worked in a professional capacity as a filmmaker.
3. Entrants must have a reasonable understanding of English and be comfortable speaking in English.
4. Internet access required. No purchase necessary.
5. The initiative closes at 12:00 (GMT) on 30 October 2015.
6. MTVNE shall shortlist up to 10 entrants who will first be contacted by @mtvbreaks via direct message on Twitter and subsequently spoken to by telephone.
7. The MTV Breaker will receive the chance to participate in a one week short term training programme with Create Advertising Group (“Create”). As part of the Experience the MTV Breaker shall receive:
(a) return economy class air travel to Los Angeles from the closest international airport to the MTV Breaker’s home address that has flights to Los Angeles;
(b) seven nights’ accommodation at a hotel in Los Angeles within 15 minutes’ drive of Create on a bed and breakfast basis; and
(c) return transfers between the airport in Los Angeles and the hotel;
(d) daily return transport in a pre-booked yellow cab between the hotel and Create;
(e) assistance with applying for (and reimbursement of the cost of obtaining) any VISAs/ESTA’s required to visit the USA;
(f) access to a chaperone with local knowledge whilst in Los Angeles; and
(g) a reasonable ‘per diem’ to cover the MTV Breaker’s lunch and dinner costs.
8. The MTV Breaker must have a valid passport and be able to travel to the United States for one week between January and June 2016.
9. The MTV Breaker shall responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in term 8 above, including travel to and from the departure airport. The approximate value of the Experience is $15,000.