Get To Know: Cleo Sol
Modern soul music called for a new queen and Cleo Soul answered.
Cleo Sol is the soulstress you’ve been searching for.
Channeling her inspiration from a source deep within, the singer/songwriter wears her heart on her sleeve in her music, and it pays off in every way. Entering the music industry at a young age, the artist has been building on and bettering herself musically for years - and it seems to have all paid off in her most recent release ‘One’.
With a vibe and sound that echoes that of Beyoncé and Erykah Badu, the soul singer digs deep into her roots and delivers her most authentic self to us, and it’s all worth it when her voice and lyrics uncovers feelings and emotions we didn’t know existed until we heard her music.
After the release of her ‘Winter Songs’ EP in November of last year, it seems she is constantly reinventing herself with her modern and fresh sound - yet stays original and true to herself whilst doing so. Plus, with a combined number of over 7 million streams on the four-track-long EP, it’s clear this singer possesses something special.
We sat down to get to know the creative before she shoots to superstardom, and you can find out everything you need to know about her right here...
1) For those who don’t know about you and your music, tell us a little bit about who you are and where you’re from…
I’m a creative, singer/songwriter, present human being from London.
2) Describe your sound in three words…
In my mind.
3) Who inspired you to start a career in music?
My mum inspired me, as she always pushed me to be my authentic self.
4) Who are your biggest musical influences?
My partner Inflo, he’s a genius, and he is so free with the music, also, Rotary connection, Erykah Badu, Beyoncé., Sade, Gil Scott Heron and many more, it really depends on the day.
5) Tell us about the writing and recording process for your new single/album…
There isn’t a process, inspiration hits at any time, it’s always about being open and letting God work through me at any moment.
6) What can we expect from your live shows?
Connection, I hope, good vibes and hopefully, everyone leaves feeling that their spirit is revived.
7) What has been your biggest career highlight so far?
Putting music out, connecting with people who enjoy the music, that’s crazy to me.
8) Have you met anyone and been totally starstruck?
Not yet, lol.
9) What’s on your playlist that people wouldn’t expect?
I don’t know what people expect but I LOVE Lil Kim, from time!
10) When can we see you live?
My team and I are planning my first headline show and I will announce it on all social media platforms, I’m so excited man!