18 Of The Best Swimsuits For Summer Holiday Season
Looking for the perfect swimsuit for your hols? Here's loads of our faves on the high street right now, over at MTV.co.uk.
Buying swimwear for your annual holiday can be a bittersweet experience.
Alright, so we might not entirely look forward to the unflattering changing room lighting, the bikini bottoms that give you weird wedgies and having to examine your body from angles you didn’t even know existed, but HEY – it means summer is almost here.
You're ALWAYS beach body ready (just take your body to the beach, duh), but this year it’s all a little bit easier than before as the swimsuit is totally on trend as the way cooler, more effortless alternative to your average two piece. REJOICE.
You only need to check out Instagram to see the likes of Kylie and Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Em Ratajkowski all opting for the humble swimsuit for summer '17.
There’s cuts, styles and designs to suit literally every skin tone, body shape and personal style, so start your swimwear hunt with 18 of the very best swimsuits out there right now.
1. Unleash your inner flower power with this super cute bardot piece.
Tessa Of The Shoulder Swimsuit in Rossa Print - Motel, £45.00
2. Gingham is literally everywhere right now, so why not take it to the pool too?
Peek & Beau Gingham Frill One Shoulder Swimsuit B-F Cup - ASOS, £38.00
3. Palm leaves are the only print you need for ultimate Miami Vice vibes.
Monstera Swimsuit - Batoko, £40.00
4. Slogan swimsuits will instantly serve cool girl chic.
Nude Slogan Plunge Swimsuit - Missguided, £18.00
5. Frill detail turns your average cozzie into something way cuter.
Paradise Floral Printed Frill Plunge Swimsuit - Motel, £45.00
6. Pretend you're an extra in the new Baywatch movie by going for classic red.
Red High Leg Swimsuit - Motel, £18.00
7. If you're jetting off to soak up some sunshine then you've got to go for yellow, duh.
Yellow Printed High Leg Swimsuit - Missguided, £25.00
8. Is this baby pink frill style the cutest swimwear you've ever seen? Yup.
Peek & Beau Ruffle Shoulder Swimsuit - ASOS, £36.00
9. Life doesn't get much better than when you're rocking poolside polkadots.
Halter Swimsuit - Monki, £25.00
10. This low back, frill detail swimsuit even matches your strawberry Cornetto. Goals.
Ruffle Swimsuit - New Look, £24.99
11. The neon shades in this cool slogan suit will get your tan popping.
Orange Tequila Sunrise Swimsuit - New Look, £14.99
12. Maybe not the best for inflatable assault courses, but just pretty af anyway.
Pink Tropical Print Frill Trim Bardot Neck Swimsuit - New Look, £24.99
13. Alright, so there's potential for some dodgy tan lines - but it's totally worth it.
Halterneck Swimsuit - H&M, £24.99
14. You, some girly floral print, this sunshine yellow and some kinda fruity cocktail = the dream.
Posie Floral Print Swimsuit - Topshop, £32.00
15. For when you need to let the family know that Prince Eric will be joining you for dinner.
Mermaid On Duty Swimsuit - George at ASDA, £10.00
16. This retro print and open laced tie-back combo equals perfect boho vibes.
Out From Under Printed High Neck Swimsuit - Urban Outfitters, £59.00
17. Fruit salad is always the worst dessert, but often the best swimwear choice.
Cuba Watermelon Sequin Seed Swimsuit - Boohoo, £20.00
18. And last but not least, if it's good enough for Kendall Jenner then it's good enough for you.
Calvin Klein NYC Racerback Swimsuit - JD Sports, £60.00
- Words by Lucy Wood.
So that's all you need to turn you into a mermaid, but are you a mermaid who knows her way around a uterus? HMM, LET'S FIND OUT.