Neck Contouring Proves That Maybe, Just Maybe, The Sculpting Trend Has Gone Too Far
'Cos nobody got time for that.
Don't get us wrong, we're all for using sneaky sculpting products to make us look, well, like we actually have a pair of cheekbones at all, but the internet might just have gone a step too far with the latest trend for neck contouring.
Yes, you did read that right: neck contouring.
If, like us, you generally find it a struggle to factor in enough time to wash yourself before leaving the house in the morning, let alone to consider just how svelte the back of your neck is looking, we're guessing you might be wondering what on earth this is all about.
But neck contouring is a real thing and appears to be the latest offshoot of the tontouring trend (that's contouring the body with fake tan) that celebs and normals alike are using to give themselves a more sculpted look.
The general idea seems to be to make your neck look sexy af when you're working an up do, and to be fair, it does make your neck look great.
Here's a handy instructional video, if this is something you're interested in giving a go.
Told you it was a strange one, but we still have a multitude of questions, which we're just going to leave here for anyone genuinely considering working this into their daily makeup routine:
1. How often do you even think about the back of your neck, let alone show it off?
2. Do you sit in front of someone really fit on the bus in the morning? Because genuinely what other reason could there be?
3. And how do you even do it?
4. Do you have to do a double mirror to even see it right?
5. Or are you just double jointed?
6. Literally how do you have so much spare time?
7. Like, maybe you could just wear your hair down?
Answers on a postcard or alternatively drop us a tweet to @MTVStyleIntl, and while you do that we're just gonna sit here and wait for the clown contouring version to come out, because you just know that's what we're in for next.
Makeup Products For Taking The Ultimate Selfie