21 Prom Dresses You Need In Your Life
Looking for the perfect prom dress? See our best picks from the high street over at MTV.co.uk.
If you’re suddenly itching to wear a load of flowers on your wrist, surround yourself in billows of pink satin and crown yourself as Queen of your peers, then there’s only one possible explanation. Prom season has officially arrived, and it’s time to get planning.
There’s a LOT to think about if you’re heading to prom, but don’t let the stress of outfit, heels, makeup, hair, nails, dates, speeches, kings, queens, dancing and music stop you from getting excited. Gulp.
Let’s at least take this one step at a time and get your look sorted first. Luckily, the high street is absolutely rammed with a huge selection of seriously amazing prom-ready dresses that are just waiting for you to fall in love with ‘em.
Here’s 21 of the very best prom dresses out there right now, which you’re gonna need in your life immediately.
1. Opt for something a little bit edgy by going sheer (if your dress code allows it, obvs).
Boohoo Boutique Eli Embellished Sheer Maxi Dress, £45.00
2. Go girly and gorgeous in pale pink floral.
Chi Chi London Petite Mesh High Neck Off Shoulder Mini Prom Dress In Paisley Jacquard, £58.00
3. This elegant green gown with floaty sleeves is simple but showstopping.
ASOS Cape 30's Seamed Fish Tail Maxi Dress, £75.00
4. Pale turquoise and metallic details are as close as you can get to being a mermaid at prom.
ASOS Metallic Fit and Flare Midi Dress, £58.00
5. Dressing as a human bubblegum candy floss fairy is always a good idea.
Chi Chi London Structured Satin Prom Dress, £62.00
6. No prom date? No worries - this dress is hot af all by itself.
Missguided Scuba Bandeau Fishtail Maxi Dress in Navy, £25.00
7. Simple silhouettes and pretty pastel shades? The ultimate prom combo.
ASOS TALL Blouson Wrap Pleated Maxi Dress, £38.00
8. If full length drama is a no go, a cute short dress can look equally dreamy.
Boohoo Bow Back Mini Skater Dress, £22.00
9. Who said prom had to be pink? Nuh uh honey.
Dark Pink Lace Top Maxi Dress With Pleated Skirt, £75.00
10. This cooler-than-cool mini dress will basically turn you into Kim Kardashian.
Missguided Peace + Love White Placed Lace High Neck Mini Dress, £80.00
11. It doesn't get prettier than a bardot neckline and full satin skirt.
ASOS CURVE SALON Floating Bardot Jacquard Midi Prom Dress, £104.00
12. You're always onto a winner with this classic ballerina shape.
ASOS Tulle Mini Dress, £42.00
13. Bring some 80s vibes to the class of '17 in super awesome hot pink satin.
Miss Selfridge Wrap Front Mini Prom Dress, £55.00
14. Well isn't this just cute as a button.
ASOS SALON Candy Stripe Bow Front Mini Dress, £52.00
15. Pale nudey pink is the must-have shade for prom dresses this year.
ASOS Grecian Bow Tie Shoulder Maxi Dress With Double Splits, £45.00
16. A little bit of embellishment never hurt nobahdy.
Mango Sequin Tulle Dress, £169.99
17. Any boho babe will lurve this floaty floral dress.
Topshop Muted Floral Print Maxi Dress, £165.00
18. Have we ever loved a dress more than this one? Nope.
Revolve Rampling Mini Dress, £97.79
19. Glide around the dancefloor like some kinda goddess in this killer kimono shape.
Boohoo Boutique Melodie Satin Kimono Maxi Dress, £25.00
20. Okay, it doesn't get more classic than this. Heart eye emojis alert.
Boohoo Maya Pleated Chiffon Top Bandeau Maxi Dress, £35.00
21. And when all else fails, go red.
Missguided Choker Maxi Dress in Red, £35.00
Words by Lucy Wood
Now that you're all sorted for the big night, how about watching some clueless lads and lasses try to work their way around a uterus? SURE.