17 Short Hairstyles That'll Convince You It's Finally Time To Get The Chop
Snip snip, bish
Anyone who’s taken a deep breath and handed over their long hair to the mercy of a hairdresser will know all too well that getting it cut can be a terrifying experience. Gulp.
Here's how to perfect braided space buns, aka the best hairstyle of all time...
Rapunzel locks are a major part of your look and a huge confidence boost - but not only is it just a style statement, long hair can also be a huge comfort blanket to loads of us. A hair flip solves EVERYTHING.
But still, there may come a time in life when the tangled birds nest at the back of your neck and the constant dipping into soup can become all too much, and you may decide that actually, it’s time to face the dreaded scissors.
Ready to cut your hair but still feeling the fear that’s holding you back from actually booking an appointment? Understandable, so here’s 17 short hairstyles that’ll convince you it’s FINALLY time, once and for all, to go for the short chop.
1. Tanya Burr’s beauty guru-approved blunt bob.
2. The textured, caramel-coloured balayage lob of your dreams.
3. The easy peasy, just-woke-up-like-this, cool girl cut.
4. A thick, neat cut with swooping side fringe (bonus points when paired with a dark lip).
5. Selena Gomez’s 90s throwback style with dark roots and bleach blonde.
6. This girlboss-ready, soft and super chic rounded silhouette.
7. Vanessa Hudgens making us wonder why we ever bothered having long hair tbh.
8. The sharp edged lob that’s almost as well cut as the eyeliner flick.
9. Beach babe waves and more volume than your average speaker system.
10. Short box braids for minimal effort but maximum gorgeous.
11. For when you’re feeling really brave, there’s always the pixie crop.
12. Ashley Benson’s perfectly tousled blonde bedhead.
13. A silver and side fringe combo that deserves its own Pinterest board.
14. Warm tones, sea salt texture and a shaggy silhouette.
15. Even the Geordies are doing it now (and those lasses are usually all about the hair extensions).
16. Selena Gomez with rich chocolate colour, a classic lob cut and amped up volume.
17. And last but not least, Grace Victory’s recent short, sleek and sassy chop.
Words by Lucy Wood