Open Auditions For The Harry Potter Spin-off Are Happening, Which Means You Could Literally Be The Next Emma Watson
Could you be starring alongside Eddie Redmayne in 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them'?
An open casting call happening in London this weekend means that one fan might just be the new star of Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.
Eddie Redmayne has already been cast as lead Newt Scamander in the film inspired by JK Rowling’s book of the same title. It will follow Scamander's adventures in New York with the magical creatures of the Harry Potter world, so the person who is ultimately cast will be starring alongside him.
Now, the filmmakers who brought us Harry Potter are looking for one specific role. See the character description Warner Bros Pictures have announced and prepare to get excited if it sounds like you!
“We are looking for a girl between the ages of 8- 12 yrs for the role of ‘Modesty’.
‘Modesty’ is a haunted young girl with an inner strength and stillness. She has an ability to see deep into people and understand them.”
If you meet the strong/still/haunting criteria, you can apply this Saturday 18th July at the London casting call at Excel Centre Hall, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, where the queue will be open from 9am to 1pm.
- All girls between the ages of 8-12yrs may apply.
- All applicants must be available for the shooting dates between August 2015 – January 2016.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
- All applicants must be accompanied by one parent or legal guardian over the age of 18 yrs.
- Additional guests cannot be admitted into the venue.
- Unaccompanied minors will not be permitted to make an application.
- Travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
The full application criteria includes the rule that applicants will need to be available to shoot between August 2015 and January 2016.
So if you’re one of the many muggles who are not an 8-12 year old girl, at least we can get pumped that the movie will be shooting very soon!
- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them will hit cinemas on 18th November 2016
- By Rebecca May @Bexlectric