12 Pretty Little Liars Plot Holes That Were Never Answered
Marlene, we just want to talk.
If you’re a Pretty Little Liars fan, you’ll understand the true struggle of wanting all the answers all the time, but also wanting everything to make total sense at the end.
Sadly, after seven seasons of PLL, that really can’t be the case (unless you actually want to sit through three episodes explaining why Toby’s mum didn’t really eff up the entire timeline).
So instead, here are 12 plot holes that we all just need to let go of. Deep breaths, everybody…
1. Who was in that weird murder barrel that took up way too much plot time in season 5?
Please do not tease me with the idea that ‘A’ has disintegrated a body for 400 episodes and then not even show me a disintegrated body at the end of it. I wanted things to get Breaking Bad up in here.
2. How did Bethany end up in the same clothes as Ali on ‘that night’?
And even if you can explain the clothes, why was she wearing Ali’s bracelet? You know, the one with her actual name on?
3. Speaking of ‘that night’, how many huge holes were just sitting around Rosewood?
Rosewood: come for the creepy men, stay for the large amount of hand-dug graves that multiple teenage girls will get thrown into. No shade, but these holes are the ultimate metaphor for this show.
4. If Charlotte was arrested for Wilden’s murder, how did the police not look her up and realise that CeCe Drake wasn’t a real person?
Fingerprints don’t lie, ladies.
5. How was Charlotte a bajillionaire?
I know that we just have to accept this one, but come on – no secret side hustle is enough to buy you a futuristic ‘A’ lair complete with holographic TV screens.
6. Why did Wilden go so hard trying to blame the Liars for Ali’s murder when he knew the truth all along?
Like, surely investigating her death so much would only cause trouble for him.
7. We met CeCe’s college roommate in season 4… who the hell was that?
The only roommates Charlotte had were firmly in Radley, so what, did she just pay some random girl to show up and call the Liars ‘she-devils’. Actually yeah, that’s probably exactly what she did.
8. Charlotte goes on and on about how much she loved her mum, but it’s ‘A’ who sends the Liars the video of Jessica DiLaurentis being buried
That’s a confusing mother-daughter relationship right there.
9. Every single thing about Toby’s mum
You know what, we’re not even going there. You nearly ruined PLL for us there, Marion. We’re glad Bethany Young pushed you off a roof.
10. Why did Wren give CeCe a visitor’s pass for Radley when she was already a patient?
The answer to this, along with all other Wren-related questions, is most likely, ‘Wren thought he would get laid’.
11. How was CeCe named Prom Queen in the Rosewood High yearbook when she never went to school there?
Let’s be real, CeCe is Prom Queen in EVERY yearbook. If I got mine out right now it’d probably say she was the Head of Year 9, and I’m OK with that.
12. How did Charlotte teach Noel Kahn to smell blood?
Less of a plot hole and more of a ‘Marlene better give me a 10 minute flashback of Charlotte training Noel in a Karate Kid-style montage that includes him cleaning her car with blood, or something’.