16 Times 'A' Was Actually The Hero Of Pretty Little Liars
Before you chuck your phone or laptop at us in utter outrage, let us explain. Yes, A/A-moji/Uber A, whatever, has done some pretty questionable things but haven't we all? She gets a pretty bad rap for, what we can see is, actually trying to help Aria and co stay on the path of truth and morality. No? Ok we get it. But take a little look at this...
1. Trying to break up HalebWhen 'A' text Mona blackmailing her to put an end to Hanna and Caleb, in the beginning, it was simply looking out for Han. Let's face it, at the start Caleb looked like a pretty shady dude. He was working with Jenna for flip's sake. Haven't you ever tried to warn your mate off a guy who wasn't the best choice for them? Exactly.
2. The dollhouseSure kidnapping the Liars and locking them in a basement seems rash but really it was for the sake of their friendships. They were just about to go off to college so 'A' was just giving them one last hurrah to cement said friendships and spend some quality time together before going their separate ways. School friends can easily grow apart, but not if they've been kept in a terrifying and dangerous situation together. So selfless.
"Poor Spencer. Always wants Melissa's boyfriends.But remember if you kiss, I tell. - A" Spencer was going around, willy nilly, snogging her sister's boyfriends. HELLO. 'A' was not chuffed and put a swift kabash on the whole thing. Girl code.
3. Warning Spencer off Wren (and Ian!)
4. Setting fire to AriaYeah this was maybe a bit drastic, we'll give you that. But fire safety is key, kids, and 'A' just has a fiery (sorry) personality. Plus Aria really shouldn't have been so close to an open flame. C'mon gurl. We bet she won't be so chill about standing to close to that hazard again. Every day's a school day with 'A'.
5. Hanna's cupcake bingeIt's too frustrating when one of your super fit mates keeps moaning about how ugly or fat she is. You look amaze and stop caring so much anyway. All 'A' was really doing for Hanna was showing her that the occasional cupcake won't do you any harm. Plus there is no such thing a forcing someone to eat a box of delicious cupcakes. Yes, what a hard 4 minutes that would have been. First World Problems much?
6. Wilden's deathEven though we don't remotely condone murder (let's get that out the way swiftly) can any of you really say you were devo when that hideous Wilden was out of the picture? Er, no. He was a gross cretin who basically blackmailed Ashley Marin into doing the dirty with him and was constantly in the Liars' faces. Back off Wilden, that's quite enough screen time for you.
7. Fashion PoliceWhen 'A' sent the threatening text of 'MY DRESSES. MY GAME. MY RULES' to the girls it was doing them a total solid. Put on those threads chicas because there have been some questionable fashion choices over the seasons. Yes Aria, we are looking at you.
8. Trying to stop Ezria"When students kiss teachers someone gets HURT. That's a promise I'll keep..." - A
Yes, Ezria4Lyf and all that. But can we just talk about the fact that she was a student and he was her TEACHER. Sure, a stunningly fit teacher, but a teacher all the same. Shipping Aria and Ezra has always left us feeling mildly wrong. BECAUSE HE WAS HER TEACHER. What would you do if you mate was doing that? Probs the same thing as 'A'. You know, just without the threat of violence.
9. Toby's car accidentSure, we're still not totally clear on who ran over Toby but we like to think it was 'A'. Not because it was horrible and life-threatening but because she was doing the whole of Rosewood a service. Don't get us wrong, we adore Toby but he suddenly he's cop toting a weapon? In, like, three days, with a criminal record? What kind of farce was that? 'A' was just trying to stop him graduate. Totes fair.
10. RIP IanWhen 'A' said laters to Ian, we couldn't help but cheer. Sorry not sorry, Ian was a world class douche. You know, he was the guy that kissed his pregnant fiancee's little sister and filmed the residents of Rosewood without their knowledge. Including underage girls. Welcome to Creepsville, population: Ian. Bravo, 'A'.
Again, not condoning murder. *Cough*
11. "NOSEY B*TCHES DIE"'A' is always trying to keep the character of Pretty Little Liars on the straight and narrow. Being nosey is not a cute trait in anyone. You remember what happened to the curious cat. It died. Always thinking that 'A'.
12. Kidnapping HannaIt was a tense finale, 6B. How can they leave us for months thinking Hanna might be dead? Damn you I. Marlene King. But glass half-full, 'A' kidnapping Han was really for her own good. She had just snogged Caleb while she has a fiance and he's dating her best mate. Not your best guys. At least this stops them making an even bigger mistake. A kiss is one thing but anything more (ie the sex) is pretty hard to come back from. Now they can have some breathing room to think about what they really want. If she's not dead, that is.
13. Rubbing Toby and Yvonne in Spencer's faceSpoby shippers everywhere have had a pretty tough season. Condolences guys. But 'A' was trying to make it right by texting Spencer some pretty harsh words. Sure that must have felt like a dagger to the heart but sometimes your mates need tough love to jolt them back to reality. Someone had to step up. Well done, 'A'. So giving.
14. Kidnapping Mona and faking her deathAfter Mona was revealed to be 'A' in season one, the Liars kinda lost trust in her and poor Mona was banished to the outside of the clique. When 'A' made everyone think she was dead and turned her into a victim that totally reversed it. Well, for a while at least. Mona just wants to be included guys. And she was. Cute.
15. Aria's dad's affairNow, 'A' didn't orchestrate Byron Montgomery's affair with that awful witch Meredith because she is far too moral (see above) but she did force Aria to deal with it. Do you know how hard it must be to remind someone of their dad's affair so they can deal with their feelings and not let it emotionally scar them forever. 'A' constantly surprises us with how willing she is to take on the tough jobs. Bow down.
16. Reuniting the couples of PLLDo you know how many times and situations 'A' has had to create to keep the couple of Rosewood together? Three zillion. The girls and guys of PLL don't even need to try to eff it up, it just happens. She clearly just believes in true love and will do anything to help it's course. What an absolute hero.
A, we thank you for everything you do.
17 Times Pretty Little Liars’ Ian Harding Was Bae
1 of 17
2 of 17
3 of 17
4 of 17
5 of 17
6 of 17
7 of 17
8 of 17
9 of 17
10 of 17
11 of 17
12 of 17
13 of 17
14 of 17
15 of 17
16 of 17
17 of 17