A Definitive Ranking of the Pretty Little Liars Ships
With Pretty Little Liars’ last half season being advertised as ’Endgame’, fans have been waiting not-so-patiently to find out if their favourite couples are going to wind up together once and for all.
So to celebrate, here’s the definitive ranking of PLL ships from the last seven seasons.
And yes, we decided to shortlist this ranking a) because there have been approximately 12,000 relationship pairings on this show and b) some people just don’t deserve to be ranked – looking at you, Talia. Your empanadas can’t help you now.
20. Jenna and Toby
Step-incest is very Eastenders circa 2003 (Dennis and Sharon forever). Considering Jenna basically blackmailed Toby to keep hooking up with her, this ship is an all-around mess.
19. Jason and CeCeSure, Charlotte knew they were related when she started fake dating him, but she just wanted to get closer to her brother/cousin! Is that so wrong? Yes.
18. Paige and Emily
Sorry, Paily shippers, but no good relationship begins after one party attempts to drown the other. Next.
17. Alison and Elliott Rollins/Archer Dunhill
Secret Englishman Archer tricks Ali into marrying him, and then swiftly gets her locked up in a mental hospital in order to steal all her money. Oh, and he pretended to be a dead guy to freak her out. Not ship-worthy.
16. Hanna and Jordan
Genuinely had to Google ‘Hanna’s boyfriend from season 6’ because Jordan was so forgettable throughout his stint on PLL. Nobody actually thought Hanna was going to marry him, right?
15. Spencer and Detective MarcoSpencer has serious issues with authority figures and I sincerely hope season 7B just pretends that that Marco storyline from 7A never happened.
14. Aria and Jake
Jake makes this list solely because it’s always fun to remember the time ‘A’ filled his punching bag with knives. That’ll teach him to take an interest in physical fitness.
13. Jenna and Garrett
Garrett lets Jenna believe that he killed Alison with a hockey stick, and she still stays with him. That’s commitment.
12. Aria and Noel
Noel liked Aria so much that he spied on her making out with Ezra in a car and wrote ‘I see you’ on the dirty ass back window. Romantic.
11. Mona and Noel
Say what you want about the main four ships, but at the end of the day, you just know these two were extremely compatible. Shared interests are a MUST.
10. Emily and MayaThis definitely wasn’t the healthiest relationship in the world, but hey, we have Maya to thank for Emily fully addressing her sexuality.
9. Mona and MikeMike left Mona gumdrops at the end of a dock because he loved her!
8. Spencer and CalebHaters gonna hate, but for all of Spaleb’s flaws, they had some seriously hot chemistry.
7. Mona and HannaOh, you just KNOW you want this to happen.
6. Aria and EzraDON’T @ ME.
5. Spencer and TobyDespite all their sweet moments, Toby did kind of get Spencer committed to Radley when he faked his death. Not the most considerate move.
4. Hanna and CalebHaleb got back together in the shadiest of ways (cheating on Spencer Hastings is an unforgivable offence), but let’s be real – Caleb and Hanna are definitely endgame.
3. Spencer and WrenThese two belong together. Always have, always will. We didn’t get our Wren as ‘A’ wish so honestly, Wrencer is the only way to make up for that.
2. Aria and JasonDid you even SEE that flashback of them in bed together? Pure fire. Aria may have ditched Jason and his charity trip to Ethiopia five years ago, but these last 10 episodes might finally make her see sense.
1. Emily and AlisonHonestly, could we have put anyone else at the number one spot? The phrase ‘endgame’ was basically invented for these two – and after everything they’ve been through, Emison deserve their happily ever after more than all these other ships combined.
Does that mean they’ll actually get it? Let’s hope so, for the sake of Marlene King’s Twitter mentions.