Pretty Little Liars Season 7: 12 Things We Learned From ‘Hold Your Piece’
After a bit of a snooze-fest last week, PLL is back with a bang (and a severed finger) thanks to ‘Hold Your Piece’.
This episode has everything: blood-filled Hanna piñatas, Caleb getting poisoned by a board game and DEATH. Oh Yvonne, you poor, one-dimensional plot device. Here are some things we learned…
1. We get a look at what a PLL: Mothers spin-off would look like
Shockingly, it doesn’t seem like many of the Liars are ready to be parents. Turns out that the sound of a baby crying is super annoying to them all.
2. Spencer might be about to have a real adult relationship
Which mean Detective Fury is 110% shady. That’s how this works.
3. Hanna’s turn on A.D’s board game involves some real life Operation
Seriously Hanna? You don’t remember what Operation is called? Either way, she gets a terrifying House of Wax style doll of herself and eventually figures out that she has to cut it open to find her 'turn'.
4. Detective Marco takes Spencer to a community centre to play ping pong
Which is so random that it’s making us very suspicious. We get some backstory about Marco’s sad family life and how he basically grew up in this place he’s taken Spencer, so yeah… Shady.
5. Toby proposes to Yvonne and he might as well just stab her there and then
They’re going to get married right in the hospital! Nothing can go wrong!
6. Lucas is back and he’s just as supportive and friendly as ever
WHEN WILL YOUR VILLAINY BE REVEALED, LUCAS? WHEN?
An actual theory to go with my rantings: Sydney works for a bank that ‘services people with a lot of money,’ Aria manages to say with a straight face. You know who has a lot of money? Lucas. I’m onto you, pal.
7. A.D’s using a new method of torture… cultural appropriation
A.D gives Hanna a culturally insensitive outfit to wear in front of her Japanese investors, which not only is ‘everyone’s going to see your spicy tuna roll’ short, but also a straight up work of genius.
We hope next week A.D forces Aria to wear a Native American headdress to Coachella to feel some real wrath.
8. Sydney’s also back on the scene and is scheduling magical eye appointments for Jenna
I love how salty the Liars are about Jenna potentially getting her eyesight back considering they’re the ones who blinded her.
It even pisses Aria off so much that she manhandles Sydney in an alley and stuffs a tracking device in her yoga bag. Namaste, bitch.
9. Caleb’s efforts at diffusing A.D’s board game ends with him being attacked by poisonous gas
If we were Spencer, we would have spent a little more time enjoying his pain. Because, let’s not forget, he cheated on her.
Still, this makes Hanna run out on her business meeting, so she loses out on her puzzle piece. A.D's going to be maaaaaad.
10. Yvonne dies in her cute wedding cardigan because of course she does
She barely even gets to finish her butterscotch cake. Toby can't even collapse in Spencer’s arms before people start up the #Spoby ship again. MONSTERS.
11. Aria finds a shadowy figure in her house and immediately pulls out a knife
Get it! Sadly, Aria doesn’t do any damage because it’s just Nicole and her freshly re-broken bones that have come to hang out.
12. Finally, Detective Marco opens up a parcel with a finger inside
We’re going to go ahead and guess that it belongs to Rollins. Is this A.D’s way of retaliating for Hanna not fulfilling her part of the game? Looks like it.
Weekly episodes of Pretty Little Liars will be available to watch on Netflix. Sign up from £5.99 a month at Netflix.com.