Pretty Little Liars Season 7: 13 Things We Learned From ‘Choose Or Lose’
OMG, one of the main ships just tied the knot.
You guys, there’s only two episodes of Pretty Little Liars left. Like, ever. And not only are we terrified of this show coming to an end, but we’re also getting a bit concerned that WE STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT’S GOING ON.
That being said, ‘Choose Or Lose’ picked up the pace approximately 1000%, and proved that we really our on our way to the official endgame.
Here’s what we learned…
1. Detective Tanner is back, and she’s not messing around
The episode starts with all of the Liars being served search warrants on their homes, which seems like a pretty un-Rosewood Police thing to happen until you realise… BAM, Tanner’s back y’all.
Apparently, Marco was feeling ‘distracted’ in his investigation (you think?) and decided to sit these last episodes out, leaving Tanner to take her young frenemies down. Love Tanner being back, but a little said to say goodbye to Marco’s sweet face.
2. After getting her stuff confiscated as evidence, Aria is gifted a burner phone by A.D
They even save their contact details in it, because clearly Aria and A.D are BFFs now.
In fact, they’re such good pals that A.D agrees to meet her – but not before Mona manages to work her OG A magic and eavesdrops on the call.
3. The girls reconvene in one of The Radley’s fancy suites but can’t escape that pesky game phone
The Liars are told they need to ‘choose or lose’ (hence the episode name) – as in, choose one girl to go down for Archer’s murder or they’re all going to end up in jail. Oh, and they’re given 36 hours to decide. Not ideal, really.
4. Mona joins the party and fills everyone in on the fact that Aria’s been playing on the A.D team for two weeks
God, what would this lot do without Mona? She provides way more proof than necessary, yet Spencer still demands more – which is how they catch Aria ‘black hoodied’, as Hanna puts it, later on.
5. Spencer runs into a rogue lumberjack at The Radley. Oh wait, that’s Toby
We get it, Toby’s grieving, but come on. That beard is little on the nose, no? Their reunion is pretty awkward and stilted, which adds to our confusion about the Spoby sparks towards the end of the episode.
6. Aria dons her finest black hoodie and heads into the woods to run… straight into the other Liars
Understandably, they are PISSED. But Spencer is especially aggy, even blaming Aria for her parents getting divorced. Spenny, we’re no experts, but we think that may have something to do with the fact your father impregnated half of Rosewood.
7. Spencer goes to make peace with Aria (pretty quickly if you ask us)
She even brings a cute throwback picture of them all. But their peace talks are halted after Tanner storms in and tells Aria she’s off the hook for Archer’s murder, telling her she was spotted by a traffic camera 300 miles away on the night he died.
Clearly, A.D has orchestrated this alibi, and Spencer is bloody furious.
8. Feeling guilty, Aria confesses to Ezra about the police report she filed against him
Ezra nearly gets points for saying he deserved to be called a predator, but swiftly loses them when he forgets all of those emotions and decides now is the best time for him and Aria to hook up.
9. Caleb surprises Hanna with a quickie wedding ceremony
No matter what Haleb has gone through, you cannot tell us that Hanna wanted to get married in a denim jacket.
10. Meanwhile, the rest of the endgame couples are busy having sex at the exact same time
Ali takes Emily to the kissing rock, which is cute AF, while Aria and Ezra get down on their sofa, which isn’t quite as cute.
Oh, and Toby and Spencer hook up. Not only is it bizarre but it’s also giving us even more Twincer vibes.
11. After their bone-fest, the girls meet at Spencer’s barn to watch the clock run out on A.D’s game
Aria doesn’t join them, but calls A.D and tells them she’s going to hand herself in to save her friends. It’s just a shame she’s too late.
A.D tells her that she ‘wins’, and gets an unlimited supply of freedom. And then her phone BURSTS INTO FLAMES.
12. Caleb and Ezra finally track the board game to, shocker, Mona’s house
It turns out Mona was right when she asked Hanna not to involve her in A.D’s game – she’s gone full hyper-adrenalised reality.
13. Aria speeds off to re-join her squad, but gets distracted by a noise in her boot
The build up to the reveal is so tense we muted our TV like 4 times, but when she eventually opens up the boot, she finds a decomposing hand… which happens to be missing a finger.
Yep, she has Archer Dunhill’s body in her car. And two seconds later, the police pull up behind her. Classic PLL.
Weekly episodes of Pretty Little Liars will be available to watch on Netflix. Sign up from £5.99 a month at Netflix.com.