Pretty Little Liars Season 7: 14 Things We Learned From ‘Power Play’
Charlotte’s father and Jessica DiLaurentis’ killer are revealed.
It’s safe to say that this last half season of Pretty Little Liars is officially speeding towards the finish line.
With only six episodes left to go, ‘Power Play’ packed in a whole lot of plot – and some devastating twists. The episode also managed to be equal parts bonkers and hilarious, which is the perfect combination when it comes to PLL.
Here’s everything we learned…
1. Aria lays down some home truths for Ezra when he finally decides to come back to Rosewood
After Nicole’s surprise appearance at Ezra’s flat, Aria is (rightfully!) pissed that Nicole clearly has no idea that Ezria’s a thing.
Who knew the phrase ‘I’m not taking the sofa’ could sound so savage?
2. Spencer has an adult sleepover with Detective Furey, so clearly that ping pong did the trick
Sadly, their cosy morning is rudely interrupted by Ali, who’s freaking out that A.D’s board game has ended up at her house. Looks like it’s her turn to play!
3. Paige tells Emily that she’s been offered another job at the University of Who Cares
Honestly let’s just not even with this storyline – spoiler alert, Paige decides she’s not going to take the other job and her and Emily kiss.
Considering the bombshell that drops at the end of this episode, the Paily ship is revived for all of 7 minutes before, well… Iceberg ahead.
4. Spencer’s dad the manwhore finally returns and doesn’t even try to justify his manwhore-ish actions
Shockingly, there were no ‘problems with his passport’ and he’s just been sleuthing about trying to track down Mary Drake.
Even more shockingly, he hasn’t managed to find her (probably because he was too busy trying to impregnate every woman he encountered on the way).
5. Detective Furey pays Alison a visit at school and is clearly suspicious AF
He’s figured out that that lovely finger he was sent belonged to Archer Dunhill, and that he was probably killed the night he supposedly ‘left town’.
Ali looks so guilty that it’s almost comical, but at least she doesn’t admit that she has a motive for killing him. Oh wait, she does do that.
6. Nicole isn’t a fan of Ezra and Aria’s book
She writes about how a memory he included in the book kept her alive and then apparently throws the manuscript at her parents in a rage. Dramatic, much?
7. Aria gets a video call from ‘A.D’ who threatens her with a file that could land Ezra in jail
Throwback to season 7A, when the Liars found Mrs. D’s ‘lair’ that had files on all of the Liars, except Aria.
We saw at the time that A.D had stolen it, but now it looks like they’re ready to use it to blackmail our littlest Liar.
8. Spencer and Hanna try to track down Mary Drake and run into… Pastor Ted
What a coincidence. Except it’s not a coincidence because he’s hiding Mary at his house.
9. The board game sends Ali to a baby shop, which is all kinds of cruel
Considering Ali has already decided to get an abortion, this is pretty effed up.
But things get approximately 400,000 times worse, because after some sad shopping, the shop assistant reveals the present ‘Ali’ had asked for ahead of time… a necklace for her egg donor. And the necklace reads ‘Emily’.
OH GOD THIS STORYLINE IS REALLY HAPPENING, STRAP IN FOLKS.
10. Meanwhile, Aria ditches Ali and meets ‘A.D’ who turns out to be… Sydney
Hold the phone, Sydney what’s-her-name is behind all this? We think so for a minute before Aria notices she’s wearing an earpiece, which makes her yet another pawn on A.D’s chess board.
Thank god, because we’d have been pissed.
The real A.D wants Aria to go rogue and join the ‘winning team’, but will she take the bait? (Yes, probably).
11. Pastor Ted goes to Hanna and confesses that he’s been hiding Mary Drake
Oh, and that he’s CHARLOTTE'S FATHER. Honestly, we have whiplash from all the reveals happening in this episode.
Besides that handy piece of info, Ted shows Hanna a picture of Charlotte when she was younger, with her ‘only friend’, Lucas. AS IN LUCAS, LUCAS. WHAT IS GOING ON.
12. Ali tells Emily that A.D used Em’s stolen eggs to impregnate her
Which goes down a treat.
13. Spencer’s dad reveals that Mary Drake killed Jessica in revenge for finding out Charlotte was still alive
A bit of an anti-climax, but at least that’s one more answer to tick off your PLL bingo cards!
14. The Liars reconvene at Ali’s and get caught up to speed on Emison’s not so exciting news
They prepare themselves for what Aria’s turn on the board game will bring, but in an incredible move, the game skips straight back to Hanna, who does not take it well.
Meanwhile, Aria gets a sneaky text from A.D, asking if she’s made her decision yet. You guys, we’re finally going to get Dark Aria. SO READY.
Weekly episodes of Pretty Little Liars will be available to watch on Netflix. Sign up from £5.99 a month at Netflix.com.