Pretty Little Liars Season 7: 16 Things We Learned From ‘Playtime’
You guys, Pretty Little Liars is back – and after months, years and CENTURIES of being told that we’re getting answers, we actually think it might be happening.
And how can’t it be? There are only 10 episodes left of this magical show. And if ‘Playtime’ is anything to go by, we’re in for a hell of a swan song from PLL. They jumped the hell IN with this half season premiere.
Here’s everything we learned…
1. Spencer and Toby are alive
Which must mark the end of the most anti-climactic cliff-hanger ever. Did anyone really think Toby was dead? Of course not. Yvonne, on the other hand…
2. Just when the Liars think their torment could be over, they get a packageOoops, guess Noel Kahn wasn’t A.D all along. They should probably apologise to him. Oh wait, he got accidentally decapitated.
3. A.D has managed to turn #Endgame into an actual board game
Yaaaas, this looks good. A.D’s turned Rosewood into a twisted game of Monopoly - and the font on the phone looks exactly like a Spongebob Squarepants time card.
4. Aria packs up her stuff and almost walks out of Ezra’s flat
… Until he decides to finally show up out of the blue. SO CLOSE. Their reunion is the epitome of awkward, and seems to last all of 4 minutes before he tells Aria he has to head back to New York because Nicole needs him.
5. Aria decides to address her relationship troubles by looking at wedding venues
Probably not the smartest thing to do right now, but sure. And hey, Holden’s here!
Holden’s a chef now! He tries to cultivate one new skill a year! He wants to know if Aria wants a half price November wedding! We like this new Holden.
6. Aria tells Holden she's marrying Ezra and the shade is REAL
“And they say high school romances don't last”. A truly sick burn.
7. Rosewood High have decided to hire an entire love triangle
Remember when Emily and Paige were competing for the same job at the high school? Me neither, but it doesn’t matter, because they they’re both working there now.
8. More importantly, Ali is jealous as hell
RIIIIIIISE, OG Ali. She is not happy about Paige working with her and Emily, and we don’t know if it’s the pregnancy hormones or what, but Ali goes back to being the 15-year-old in a yellow top in an instant. We love it.
9. Side note: who the hell thinks it’s a good idea to have Emily as a swim coach?
Having the world’s most beautiful human who looks like a freaking mermaid 24/7 teaching people to swim is problematic. We feel personally bad for the girls who have to deal with her flawlessness while wearing swimming caps.
She must cause the boys SO many issues. Puberty’s hard enough for them, Emily.
10. Mona and Hanna dust off their BFFs bracelets for 10 glorious minutes
The original iconic duo are back at it, with Mona helping Hanna out with her fashion designs - and for a moment we thought we were watching an episode of Gossip Girl.
11. Detective Marco tells Spencer that the gun they recovered from the blind school isn't the one that shot her
Which means Jenna probably isn't the actual person who shot Spencer… which makes sense since she's blind and all. But still, if she didn’t shoot Spenny, who did?
12. We actually get an answer to who Spencer's mother is
And it IS Mary Drake!! Omg, season of answers everybody! This reveal (which was dragged out way too much during season 7A, if you ask us) is giving us a ton of hope for answers in the next 9 episodes.
We’re ready Marlene, SHOW US THE RECIEPTS.
13. Spencer spirals and decides to start playing A.D’s game
A rookie error, but we forgive her as A.D sends her straight to the hospital to comfort Toby.
Even when she's at her lowest, Spencer can still laugh at Toby's ridiculous Clark Kent glasses. These two are going to be alright – not holding out that same hope for Yvonne, though.
14. Besides slaying with her fashion career, Hanna's being a bit of a brat
When Spencer tells the girls that she started playing A.D’s game, she's unreasonably upset. Like, sorry Hanna, maybe support your friend who’s just found out that her mother isn’t actually her mother.
And even while everyone's upset at the beginning of the episode with Spencer being rushed to hospital with a gunshot wound, she's making blind jokes about Jenna. You got Caleb back, Han, it’s time to be a little less salty.
15. The episode ends with the Liars realising that they’re going to have to keep playing A.D’s game
Lol, like they thought they had a choice.
Meanwhile, the end A-tag shows Jenna looking like she’s being held captive somewhere. But being held captive in a nice kind of way, because she’s drinking out of a fancy teacup.
Whoever’s taken her is considerate enough to print her a giant book in braille, which seems to explain A.D’s master plan, as Jenna starts to read and simply says, ‘endgame’. SHOOK.
16. Oh, and one last other thing WE THINK HANNA IS PSYCHIC
Stay with us, here. We recently rounded up some crazy PLL fan theories, and one of them included the idea that Hanna is secretly psychic.
Well, if this episode is anything to go by, this might actually turn out to be canon, because not only does Hanna say she can ‘sense Jenna’ to Caleb – she full on admits that she thinks Mrs. Grunwald’s rubbed off on her. EEEK.
Meanwhile, Caleb near enough shits himself at the mention of Grunwald and Ravenswood. HE SAW THINGS THERE, GUYS.
Weekly episodes of Pretty Little Liars will be available to watch on Netflix. Sign up from £5.99 a month at Netflix.com