Pretty Little Liars Season 7: 17 Things We Learned From ‘Driving Miss Crazy’
Anyone for a musical number?
The Pretty Little Liars powers that be have been teasing a musical number in season 7 for AGES, and yes, it finally happened this week.
While it wasn't the 'Shadowplay' sequel we were expecting, who can resist seeing Mona take centre stage every now and then, eh?
Besides singing and dancing, 'Driving Miss Crazy' had a lot going on - so here's everything we learned...
1. The episode opens on Ezria in the middle of a dance lesson
The best PLL intro ever. While Ezra’s totally into it, Aria is 100% wishing she was back in the doll house getting zapped by a crazy machine.
2. We find out that the ‘file’ A has on Aria is a police report she never filed about Ezra being a statutory rapist
OH SNAP. Did we know this report existed before? Because this has blown our minds. She called him a predator!
3. Detective Furey drops by on Hanna and Caleb to question them about the flood that ruined key evidence
They play dumb but Furey is clearly on the warpath against Spencer and co. now.
4. Hanna gathers the girls to have her weekly unhelpful freak out about A.D
At least she finally tells them about Mona knowing about the game… once Mona strolls into the place like she owns it. The Liars’ hatred of her is just *chef’s kiss* perfection.
5. Caleb bumps into Ashley Marin and her fierce new haircut at The Radley
What says ‘welcome home’ more than lying to her face about Hanna not being in any trouble?
6. Aria takes part in her latest A duties and drops a burner phone in Spencer’s house
The phone then starts playing a recording of Spencer’s dad and Mary Drake talking about Jessica’s death, and how Peter wanted Mary six feet under along with her.
Peter is absolutely fuming and, tbh, good. That’s what you get for accidentally having a baby with a mentally ill woman who you thought was the woman you were actually committing adultery with.
7. Ezra jumps in on Hanna and Caleb’s pity party to start whining about his and Aria’s wedding
Ezra is so not himself in this episode – and by that I mean he’s so chipper that he calls Aria ‘sunshine – that it’s freaking us out.
God bless Aria for putting a damper on his mood by barely saying two words to him in The Brew before heading up to bed. Happy bride, indeed.
8. Emily and Mona pretend to be a couple to meet the dodgy doctor who impregnated Alison
The doctor is approximately 14 years old, and freaks out the moment they mention Ali’s maiden name. He promptly kicks them out, but not before Mona swipes a magazine from his office that has his address attached.
9. Ezra has a meltdown over Aria’s frosty behaviour
He thinks she can’t trust him over their history – 'history' being that time he dated Aria for book research on Ali - but naturally he doesn’t have a clue that Aria’s just caught up in the A.D drama.
10. Furey confronts Spencer outside her house and accuses her of dating him because she needed a cop in her corner
But clearly he’s not the best police officer because he doesn’t even notice Mary Drake hiding in Spencer’s car, waiting to kidnap her and take her to the Lost Woods.
11. Mary tells Spencer that she killed Jessica only after finding out her and Peter were planning on whacking her off
The flashback is great because we get to see Jessica and Mary in the same scene, but it also helps Spencer to trust Mary properly.
12. Ashley gives Hanna and Caleb the third degree about their relationship
We’re not really sure what she’s getting at but it ends up with Caleb basically proposing to Hanna. It’s cute, but also quite odd.
13. RIGHT, now to the most important moment of the episode – nay, PLL history
Aria has a black and white nightmare, which is Mona singing Jailhouse Rock and jumpsuit-wearing Ezra getting the crap punched out of him by fellow prisoners. It. Is. Ridiculous.
Veronica then starts to marry them, before calling Aria a ‘selfish little bitch’ and tells her she wouldn’t piss on her if she was on fire. Honestly, PLL could just end right there and we’d be happy.
14. After her nightmare, Aria is finally awarded with the report A.D’s been holding over her
And even gives her a couple puzzle pieces for her troubles. Aren’t the other Liars going to be suspicious of where they came from?
You know who is suspicious? Mona. She spots Aria being shady in The Brew and proceeds to add sugar to her coffee with extra sass.
15. Mona and Emily manage to blackmail the shady baby doctor into giving them information
He doesn’t have any names, but does give the two an ID number, which may just lead them to Emison’s baby dady.
16. Caleb and Hanna recreate their cutest moment to celebrate their engagement
Awww, they’re in a tent because that’s where they boned for the first time! In all seriousness though, Haleb are pretty adorable here.
17. Emily corners Mona outside her flat and asks her to help track the burner phone Aria dropped in Spencer’s house
Mona tells her to wait until tomorrow, and then shadily goes into her flat where we find… a mini lair! Classic Mona. She did warn Hanna about getting involved in the game.
But does this make her A.D? We don’t reckon so.
Weekly episodes of Pretty Little Liars will be available to watch on Netflix. Sign up from £5.99 a month at Netflix.com.