Pretty Little Liars Season 7: 16 Things We Learned From ‘The Glove That Rocks The Cradle’
‘But what about the Ezra book,’ asked no one ever.
There might only be four episodes of Pretty Little Liars left, like ever, but that doesn't mean Marlene and co. aren't still rolling out new storylines for us all to obsess over.
Yep, 'The Glove That Rocks The Cradle' might not have given us many answers, but it DID let us see Aria go full black hoodie - so you can't complain, can you. Here's everything we learned..
1. Spencer is questioned by Detective Barry Maple over 'that night' she accidentally used Rollins' credit card
Barry Maple returns! We'd be happier about it if he wasn't asking Spencer about that dead body joke she made when she met Marco. Not smart.
2. Emily decides to surprise Ali with a nursery full of things her dead mother saved
Naturally, all of the stuff is creepy AF and even includes a pair or ballerina statues. The Spencer twin theory lives.
3. Ezra has suddenly transformed into the ideal groom-to-be and wants to book waltz lessons for his and Aria's first wedding dance
He's so excited about it that it feels that much sweeter when Aria shuts him the hell down. She's got bigger, video-calling-her-evil-Bitmoji things going on.
4. Hanna gets super bitchy about Spencer maybe accidentally getting them all done for murder
But that catty behaviour hits the brakes when Spencer reminds her why she was so upset at the time. In the words of Lauren Conrad, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, HALEB.
5. The game tells Hanna to pick up A.D's homework or go to detention
All she ends up with is a hard drive that has a Patsy Cline song on it. Hanna remembers that A played Patsy Cline in the dollhouse, but it was a different song. If this is a clue, it's totally lost on us.
6. Spencer visits Marco to plead with him to help her out with this whole murder thing
But clearly she mistook him for every other crooked cop in Rosewood, because he ain't interested. Still, at least she steals a USB with Lucas' name on it for her troubles.
7. The Liars plug in the USB and see Lucas totally backtracking on the alibi he gave Hanna on the night of Charlotte's murder
He even goes so far to say he 'wouldn't be surprised' if the others had something to do with her death. The Liars are understandably fuming, except for Hanna who is STILL DEFENDING HIM.
8. Ali and Emily have a cute moment where Emily goes nuclear over Ali not eating breakfast or taking her pre-natal vitamins
It's almost like Emily's just realising that having a baby at 22 with someone who was just married to a con artist isn't the best idea? Wild.
9. The Liars follow Hanna to the school where she has to leave A.D's hard drive to catch them in the act
And obviously it doesn't even remotely work. Ali and Emily are too busy making up to see anything and Ali gets knocked down by someone who ends up being Mona. She's just trying to get involved in the game, guys.
10. Meanwhile, Aria's busy destroying the nursery Emily spent all of a day decorating
Is there anything better than seeing Aria is a black hoodie? She goes ham on the baby stuff, even throwing fake blood on the crib - but she also nearly gets bludgeoned with a candlestick by Emily. Nobody said being A was easy.
11. Hanna sneaks into the Radley to steal the bar receipt that links Spencer to Rollins’ murder
She doesn’t get far until Caleb comes in and decides to just flood the place instead, hopefully ruining any evidence.
12. During all of this, Ezra is having a press event about his and Aria’s book
He says some stuff about how Aria’s his inspiration, which is probably meant to be meaningful, but god it’s just very boring.
13. After spotting Lucas on the Radley’s CCTV, the Liars corner him in his apartment frantically looking for something
As it turns out, him and Charlotte made a sequel to that comic book (sorry, graphic novel) the girls found last week… and it was never finished. Dun dun dunnn.
According to him, it was based on ‘vengeance taking on the form of a game’, so really A.D owes Lucas and Charlotte some serious royalties over Liars Lament.
14. Marco officially turns into the Bad Cop and accuses Spencer of having something to do with the Radley’s receipts being destroyed
I mean, obviously he’s right, but still. He even tries to freak her out by threatening to go after the other Liars, which is NOT like the Marco who loves ping-pong.
15. Oh, no biggie, but Ali tells Emily she loves her
Honestly, it’s such a good scene that we can’t do it justice, but it is EVERYTHING. Emison forever, bitches.
16. Aria goes home after going full A.D and breaks down into tears
Which makes sense in terms of the storyline but you just know Aria secretly loved every minute of it. Be true to yourself, Aria.
Weekly episodes of Pretty Little Liars will be available to watch on Netflix. Sign up from £5.99 a month at Netflix.com.