Ridley Scott Hints At Prometheus Sequel
SPOILER ALERT! Director suggests follow-up could be called 'Paradise'...
Prometheus director Ridley Scott has hinted that there could be a sequel to the hit sci-fi movie - which could be called 'Paradise'.
The veteran director told The Hollywood Reporter: "From the very beginning, I was working from a premise that lent itself to a sequel.
"I really don't want to meet God in the first one. I want to leave it open to [Noomi Rapace's character Dr Elizabeth Shaw] saying, 'I don't want to go back to where I came from. I want to go where they came from'."
And the 74-year-old filmmaker continued: "Because [the Engineers] are such aggressive f**kers, I always had it in there that the God-like creature that you will see actually is not so nice, and is certainly not God.
"I'd love to explore where [Dr Shaw] goes next and what does she do when she gets there, because if it is paradise, paradise cannot be what you think it is. Paradise has a connotation of being extremely sinister and ominous."
Prometheus has comfortably beaten Men In Black III to stay at the top of the UK box office chart for its second week.
It had ticket sales of £3.1m compared to the £2.5m notched-up by MIB III.
The full top 10 is...
1. (1) Prometheus - £3,135,504
2. (3) Men in Black III - £2,533,051
3. (2) Snow White and the Huntsman - £2,210,929
4. (-) The Pact - £932,325
5. (4) Marvel Avengers Assemble - £676,678
6. (7) Top Cat: The Movie - £561,793
7. (5) The Dictator - £452,175
8. (6) What to Expect When You're Expecting - £445,141
9. (-) iLL Manors - £256,288
10. (9) The Angels' Share - £218,674