7 Reasons Why Reggie ‘N’ Bollie Are The New One Direction Now That They’ve Been Signed To Syco
When the 62nd Grammys roll around in 2020, and Reggie ‘N’ Bollie are busy beating Beyonce to win Album of the Year, think back to January 20 2016 – the day they were signed to Syco.
And that got us thinking… Could Reggie ‘N’ Bollie fill the 1D shaped hole we face thanks to their current hiatus?
The answer is obviously YES. Here’s why…
1. How about we start with the fact that *they’ve been signed to Syco*
Proving that God (aka Simon Cowell) really does answer our prayers.
2. They’ve already covered a One Direction song to ~perfection~
It was so good that even Liam Payne turned up to have a dance to their version of WMYB.
3. They come from The X Factor, obviously
Say what you want about that show, but it’s one of the greats when it comes to building SERIOUS fan bases.
4. Cheryl Fernandez-Versini mentored them, just like she did for 1D (that one time)
You know, that one magical week when Simon was off with a cold and they sang Only Girl (In The World).
5. Both have fallen at the final X Factor hurdle
Neither came first, but Reggie 'N' Bollie technically did BETTER than 1D, so basically they’re going to be doubly as good.
6. OH, they're just a bit of a laugh aren’t they?
Amongst all the emotional ballads on X Factor, Reggie ‘N’ Bollie were just a lot of fun – which totally reminded us of the fetus days of One Direction.
7. They’ve already won in terms of their collaboration partners
1D have never collab'ed with ANYONE on a song, something we’ve always found insane.
But Reg ‘N’ Bol have already got a Craig David team up under their belt, and so surely the natural next step is a debut single featuring Justin Bieber. RIGHT?
- By Charlotte Warwick
The X Factor Stars: Where Are They Now?