15 Things Everyone In A Long Distance Relationship Will FEEL
1. You always feel like you should be having the BEST SEX EVER.
Being in long distance love is frickin' hard and there are no two ways about it. If you're not in one, you just won't get it or understand the weirdly specific emotional mindf**k that's involved. Sigh.
1. You should have some kind of qualification in Complex Calendar Synergies as most of your time is spent arranging the next Skype or FaceTime.
If this involves different time zones you basically need an AWARD.
2. All the planning eventually goes out the window anyway when you see a cute doggo and need to Whatsapp call them immediately to let them know #priorities.
3. Different time zones inevitably lead to you having to control your drunkness while your boo’s eating their breakfast, and vice versa.
There is no shame like the shame of hiccuping while someone eats their Weetabix.
4. Financial planning is also a terrifyingly real thing for you, especially working out how many hours you need to work to afford to be able to see bae any time this millennia.
5. You’ve become sickeningly tired of defending your relationship to people.
Yes you KNOW it’s commitment and is DOESN’T work for everyone and it’s SO FAR AWAY AND HARD dammit thanks for the reminder, Sharon.
6. Similarly every time you see some people it seems like they’re expecting you to have broken up. “So how’s it /going/?”
FINE THANKS BITCH.
7. Let’s be honest, you’ve totally upped your masturbation game because the thirst is real.
8. You’ve also had to become a lot more independent; often when you need them they’re asleep / at class / at work / THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY and you’ve learned to rely on yourself for emotional support.
9. Weirdly you become insanely, almost-so-intensely-a-tv-show-could-be-made-out-of-it unhealthy when you’re together.
Pizza for breakfast? Donuts for lunch? Takeaway for dinner? Yas.
10. Tidying your room and covering up your #slobshame when they come to visit you has become an intricate art form.
11. You tend to put a lot of pressure on yourself to have the BEST FUN EVER when you hang out, and feel guilty if you need a nap or something.
12. Equally you always feel like you should be having the BEST SEX EVER but realistically sometimes it’s over reeeeal quick because hey, it’s been a while.
THAT’S OK you can always go again, right?
13. You don’t realise how difficult it is to be in a LDR until you say bye to each other and are faced with a serious amount of time to pass until you’re reunited. No moments are as sad as the moments you spend leaving bae.
14. When your friends complain about their boos you literally cannot relate.
YOU BOTH LIVE IN THE SAME TOWN WHAT PROBLEMS CAN YOU HAVE?
15. But you know that when the distance situation is cleared up, you and bae are going to be stronger than ever.
If you can get through this, you can get through anything.
Now check out Hannah Witton answering all the sex and relationships questions you alwaaaays wanted to ask...