15 Times Harry Styles Was Actually The Boyfriend We All Needed
Soz if this makes you dump your real boyfriend.
That One Direction hiatus might be still going strong (you’re well over the 400 day mark, btw - congrats), but so is our fondness for all things Harry Edward Styles-related.
Six solid years of unwavering love for that well-mannered, Scrabble-playing, patterned suit-wearing, pirouetting human with an insatiable love for bananas and brown boots, means that our Harry feels are going nowhere, and there’s good reason for that.
He’s basically the perfect boyfriend without actually being our boyfriend, so as the countdown for his big Hollywood debut in Dunkirk officially gets under way, it’s about time we reviewed exactly why Harry Styles has always been the boyfriend we all needed.
1. Every single time he stepped out in super shiny, metallic boots that you could genuinely borrow to complete your perfect Saturday night out look.
2. Every time he dared to hold a tiny child and was the world’s best dad without having actually fathered any babies.
3. That lovely time he took you ice skating on the most perfect winter date and held your hand the whole time because you’ve got crap balance at these sorts of things.
4. Each time you wake up to find he’s sent you the perfect, heartfelt Good Morning text message (via his 30 million Twitter followers, but still, he did).
5. When he genuinely said these words of pure sunshine during an interview and simultaneously slammed the patriarchy while instantly made you feel better about yourself.
6. When he fell over a dog and revealed that his heart is made of pure spun gold. Actually, just every single time that he loved dogs in general, really...
7. Every time he stepped out with this Pinterest-worthy up do and proved that he could even do your hair for you in the morning when you’re running late.
8. Each occasion that it was clear he’s mostly just interested in snacking.
He was caught eating satsumas behind Rihanna instead of enjoying a swanky awards show ffs. You have so much in common.
9. That time he revealed himself to be cool, calm and collected in emergency situations - especially when helping pregnant ladies recall their breathing exercises, which is always useful.
10. That time he took a quick break mid-show to help mop up some on-stage spillage. He’s good and willing when it comes to helping with the housework, as any good boyfriend should be.
11. When he mentioned your all-time favourite musician on Twitter and you realised that he’d literally never turn off that playlist on Spotify that you love.
12. That time he revealed that he definitely prefers a night in over a night out. Usually involving Scrabble. Probably blankets and biscuits also involved.
13. Every time that you suspected that ugly weird-smelling pyjamas, gross morning breath and being woken up by a fart just wouldn’t be on the cards in a relationship with Harry.
14. When he showed off his excellent sense of humour, aka. the number one best quality in a boyfriend.
15. Oh as if you actually need any more evidence that he’s the boyfriend you’ve always needed. Look at him ffs.
- Words by Lucy Wood.
Want more celeb gossip in your eyeballs RIGHT NOW? Check out the latest update from MTV News below…