Rihanna: FIFA World Cup 2014’s Unlikely Celebrity Pundit
RiRi made the whole thing that little bit funnier for footy and music fans alike…
By Tamara Roper
The World Cup is finished, thus the globe is divided by those breathing a sigh of relief that it’s over and those clutching their remote controls and refusing to believe that they’ve got another four years to wait for the next one. No doubt Rihanna is a member of the latter camp.
The star has been one of the most hilariously vocal celebrities about her love of the beautiful game, tweeting prolifically during the entire tournament, warranting retweets in the thousands and making everyone remotely involved with her social (media) life more than a bit jealous.
After sharing photos of her partying with the German football team and snogging the World Cup (yeah, the actual World Cup), Ri’s probably nursing a sore head today. For those clinging to fast fading memories of the last month, here’s bad gal RiRi’s best attempts at football punditry.
1. Ending her reign as World Cup Twitter Queen with a little bit of #humblebrag. Atta girl.
2. We see you trying to look sober and not as if you’re about explode Gotze. It ain’t working.
3. Matching her (exclusive collab with Harvey Nichs) Trapstar T-shirt with the German football strip is a classy, but also typically fabulous, move from Ri. Also loving her facial expression: #happy.
4. Guest stars on the Twitter feed of football hilarity were always a welcome addition. Here we have two of the most beautiful women in the world, kicking back, watching the game. Sigh.
5. This one’s a bit meta, proving that Rihanna is not in fact just a pop star who likes football, but a pop star with many dimensions. Here is a picture of someone taking a photo of Rihanna and Pele, who are having a photo moment. Or something. Either way, it’s Rihanna and Pele, looking cosy. Bet Pele’s having a wonderful time.
6. Who doesn’t?
7. So emosh.
8. Is this relevant? Probably not, but the image of Rihanna Googling “silly pigs” is enough to keep us entertained.
9. WTF? Where does she find this stuff? We like to think that Rihanna is just as nerdy on the internet as the rest of us…
10. …Definitely just as nerdy.