How To Cope With That Three Week Long Riverdale Break
We can get through this together.
On January 26th, 2017, Riverdale flew into our lives like some sort of perfect pop culture angel. Its great plot lines, character development and camp humour acted as a reminder as to how good high school drama can be. However, the honeymoon is over. Riverdale is on a three-week break.
Sorry, I’m not sure you quite heard me. Riverdale is on a three-week break.
Yes. We’re sorry you’ve caught up. We have to wait until March 30th before our next Riverdale fix. How long before we learn if Polly’s parents find out that she is taking refuge at the Lodge’s? We do not know. How long before we learn if Miss Grundy returns? We do not know. How long before we learn who killed Jason Blossom and what really happened on the fourth of July. We do not know.
The good news is, at least, that we are already over one week through that three week long break.
But that still leaves us ten days of waiting.
So here are ten pointers as to how to cope with the remainder of the hiatus that lies ahead.
1. Channel your anger productively, as Betty does here, and demand that someone leaves your house
Your brother, your parents, your pets - unwanted mice. Anything that helps.
2. Set up your own girl group à la Josie and the Pussycats
Force a band member to leave as soon as you remember that you still have over a week until new Riverdale arrives.
3. Be inspired by Cheryl’s self-confidence and remind yourself how great you are
So great that you can withstand the eternity that exists between now and the next episode of Riverdale.
4. Join a cheerleading group and become the star of it like Veronica does
You won’t forget about Riverdale but at least it will use up some afternoons and you can do routines like this.
5. Admire Archie’s physique
Do this during all tough times actually.
6. Take a note out of Betty’s book and purchase a Selena Gomez ‘Hands to Myself’ style wig and torture a terrible, young adult male in a hot tub
Your anger will subside momentarily.
7. Read/watch some of the classics that Veronica keeps on mentioning
This won’t help with the pain sadly but it will be enjoyable and help take up some hours of that never-ending wait.
8. Burn a scandalous object like Cheryl and Betty and move on from a terrible ordeal
If you have to investigate the scandalous object beforehand that’s great too. It will take up a few days.
9. Perform in a talent show because you’ll need to rehearse and that will consume some time
10. Finally, or maybe firstly, confide in a fellow Riverdale fan before engaging in some of the more extreme activities on this list
MTV does not condone violence in any way shape or form.
Words: Sam Prance