Sacha Baron Cohen 'Will Attend Oscars'
Star will walk red carpet as character from next movie The Dictator...
It has been confirmed that Sacha Baron Cohen WILL attend the Oscars ceremony tomorrow night, and will walk the red carpet as the main character from his next movie, The Dictator.
Earlier in the week there were reports that he had effectively been banned from the awards bash after organisers discovered he was planning the stunt.
But now show producer Brian Grazer has insisted that he is welcome and will be "part of the show".
Grazer said: "We're thrilled to have him and he'll be on the red carpet."
And he added: "We absolutely respect him as an artist and he's allowed to come. He's part of the show."
Baron Cohen was banned from appearing as his previous character Borat at the 2007 Oscars, but pre-empted the threat of a repeat ban with an appearance in character on US talk show Today.
Dressed as Admiral General Shabazz Aladeen, he said: "On behalf of the nation of Wadiya, I am outraged at being banned from the Oscars by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Zionists.
"While I applaud the Academy for taking away my right to free speech, I warn you that if you do not lift your sanctions and give me my tickets back by 12pm on Sunday, you will face unimaginable consequences."