13 Things You Need to Know About Single AF's Casey Johnson
Apart from the fact he has majestic hair
Being a celeb means that you’re often extremely busy doing very cool, very important things all over the world, and the quality of your love life can take a total nose dive as a result. But have no fear, oh famous faces, because MTV’s brand new show is here to help.
Single AF is all about using the power of social media to find your perfect guy or gal, but before we can give Cupid a call to start working his internet magic, we’re gonna need some lonesome celebrities to match make first.
Oh hey Casey Johnson, are you up for it?
Casey might have the most majestic hair you’ve ever seen and a jawline capable of slicing cheese, but even those magic powers haven’t helped him to find his dream girl quiet yet.
So before we embark on this journey of love with Casey on Love Socially, here’s 13 very important facts that you need to know about him first.
1. Wondering where you’ve seen Casey before? It could be from a couple of places if you’re into your boybands. He first found fame as 1/8 of Stereo Kicks on X Factor series 11. Unfortunately, the band didn’t last very long as they couldn’t land a record deal once the show ended.
2. Not to worry, ‘cos Casey’s brush with boyband fame didn’t end there. He then replaced George Shelley as a member of Union J in May 2016, but left just over a year later to pursue some other projects instead.
3. And last but not least, you might have also spotted Casey being a fairly unsurprising mega hit with the ladies in E4’s reality series, Stage School.
4. Casey was born on May 1st 1995 in London. If you cba to do the maths yourself, that makes him 22 years old and a Taurus, meaning that he needs to keep an eye out for Cancer, Virgo and Capricorn romances according to the stars.
5. His brother is Chet Johnson, aka Chet off of Ex On The Beach Season 4, aka Chet and Helen. So yeah, they’re quite good looking siblings really, and it’s a small reality television world AFTER all.
6. While Casey has dated a handful of girls in the past, his most high profile relationship was with X Factor girlfriend Betsy-Blue English. Despite being the most ridiculously gorgeous couple of all time, they called it quits for good in April 2017 after two years together, blaming their crazy busy schedules for the break up. Sob.
7. He reckons his biggest musical influence is probably Justin Timberlake, while his favourite movie is Taken and his favourite food is pasta.
8. Casey is kitted out with a fair few piercings and tattoos, including a tongue piercing, an ear piercing, a huge portrait of a girl singing into a microphone, and a blue heart which was originally dedicated to his ex-girlfriend, Betsy-Blue. Cute.
9. Aside from the whole vocal talents thing, Casey’s main party trick is being able to dislocate his thumb in and out of place. And if that doesn’t woo your socks off, then we don’t know what will.
10. During his time in Stereo Kicks, Casey was known for two things - his giant, blonde streaked quiff and his ladies man skills, claiming to have never failed at getting a girl’s number. He was even known as ‘Flirty Kick’ by fans, but it didn’t always work in his favour. While still on the X Factor, Casey was hit by a kiss and tell story in the papers. Agh.
11. He might be a self proclaimed ladies man, but he’s still got his priorities in the right order. When it comes to relationships, Casey recently made it clear what he’s really after when he tweeted: “You can be hot, but if you got a ugly personality it means shitttttt.” Preach, Case.
12. Casey is a major Arsenal fan.
13. His X Factor audition song was Olly Murs ‘Please Don’t Let Me Go’, and it went down a treat with the judges. He got four yesses, with Mel B predicting that he was “really cute [and] girls were gonna go crazy” for him. Pretty accurate, then.
Follow @MTVsingleAF #MTVsingleAF around the globe from 26th June to 11th July and help six sexy singles find their match!
DON’T MISS the launch of Single AF on Monday, 26th June on MTV.co.uk!
Words by Lucy Wood