13 Things You Need To Know About Single AF's Courtney Act
Prepare to be obsessed
Hands in the air like you just don’t care if you’re seriously excited for new MTV show, Single AF. Get ready to see a whole load of single af celebs find love with a little bit of help from social media - although we’re gonna guess it might not be quiiiite as simple as that.
But before you get stuck into the hearts, flowers and confetti side of things, it’s probably time we got to know the stars themselves a little bit better. Say hey to Single AF’s Courtney Act.
Whether you’re already Court’s number one fan, or whether you have absolutely no clue who we’re talking about right now, you’ve come to the right place to find out a handful of very interesting facts about the oh so fabulous drag queen.
Here’s 13 things that you totally need to know about Single AF’s Courtney Act.
1. First things first - Courtney Act is a drag queen who’s no stranger to being on the telly. She was a semi-finalist on Australian Idol in 2003, and was actually the first openly queer and gender diverse contestant on a reality talent show across the world. Pretty awesome.
2. Courtney later shot to further fame appearing in season six of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Not only did she appear, but she pretty much slayed the game by making the top three of the series alongside Adore Delano and Bianca Del Rio.
3. When not using the ol’ stage name, Courtney Act is also known as Shane Jenek and describes herself as “living life on the gender divide - sometimes as a girl, sometimes as a boy.”
4. Before deciding that Courtney Act was the one, she originally intended to take on the name Ginger Le’Bon and become a “redheaded, smoky voiced nightclub singer”. Ginger Le’Bon does sound quite a lot like a delicious biscuit though, so Courtney Act was probably a better option.
5. She was once voted as one of FHM’s World’s Top 100 Sexiest Women despite not actually, technically being a woman. And if that’s not ridiculously impressive, we don’t know what is.
6. As well as being sexy af, Courtney Act is also a super talented vocalist. In July 2014, she became the first drag performer in history to sing live with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.
7. If you’re wondering who Court’s hoping to find on Single AF, it’s Justin Bieber. She lists him as one of her main passions in life (same) along with human rights and the environment, so that’s pretty much a perfect combo.
8. STILL trying to figure out where you’ve seen Court before? It could be Little Mix’s recent LGBTQ+ themed music video for ‘Power’, in which she made a cameo with fellow drag stars Alaska and Willam.
9. Little Mix aren’t her only popstar BFFs. Courtney also performed with Miley Cyrus at the 2015 VMAs.
10. Courtney describes her gender and sexuality as “pansexual, polyamorous and genderfluid”, and said in a 2015 Buzzfeed interview that she likes to represent the “grey area of gender…close to the middle… if there was a scale.”
11. Her favourite Spice Girl is Ginger Spice. Duh.
12. She’s often listed as one of the most beautiful (and one of the fishiest) drag queens to ever appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Some of her runway looks are up there as the most memorable moments of season six, including this FLAWLESS angel wing reveal.
13. Courtney Act is actually a vegan, so there won’t be any beef from her this series.
Follow @MTVsingleAF #MTVsingleAF around the globe from 26th June to 11th July and help six sexy singles find their match!
DON’T MISS the launch of Single AF on Monday, 26th June on MTV.co.uk!
Words by Lucy Wood