13 Things You Need To Know About Single AF's Farrah Abraham
Started from the bottom, now we're here
It’s not just us mere mortals who struggle to find true love in the big, bad world y’know. Even celebrities, with their swanky lives and super shiny hair don’t have much luck with meeting The One.
That’s why loads of ‘em are taking on the challenge of finding romance via social media on MTV’s brand new show, Single AF.
But who exactly is gonna be liking, double tapping, tweeting and sharing their way to a soulmate? Oh, only the oh so gorgeous and glamourous Farrah Abraham. No biggie.
Farrah’s never had too much luck when it comes to love and seeing as she’s shared her whole life with the reality TV world for years now, you might think you know everything there is to know about the Teen Mom OG.
But hey, there’s way more to her than what you see on screen. Here’s 13 things you definitely need to know about Single AF's Farrah Abraham.
1. Fame kicked off for Farrah in 2009 when she first appeared on MTV’s 16 and Pregnant. She was the breakout star of the show, and landed herself a recurring spot on Teen Mom soon afterwards.
2. And the whole Teen Mom thing was no easy ride for Farrah. She was a single mum to baby daughter Sophia after her daughter’s dad was killed in a car crash when she was eight months pregnant.
3. Farrah’s not just a pretty face. She’s also a New York Times best-selling author thanks to her autobigraphy ‘My Teenage Dream Ended’, and a trilogy of tales about a young girl who suffers a leaked sex tape. Wait a second…
4. She’s also got an album, a frozen yoghurt shop, a podcast and her own line of sex toys. Fingers in many pies, our Farrah.
5. But despite having a pretty massive range of business projects always going on, it’s probably fair to say that it was her sex tapes which rocketed her into full on stardom, the first of which was named ‘Farrah Superstar: Backdoor Teem Mom’. Alrighty then.
6. While that might not be the most wholesome side to her carer to date, she does also have her own range of pasta sauce to make up for it. Her company, Mom and Me, uses a recipe that’s apparently been passed down for four generations of Abrahams.
7. Farrah is becoming a bit of a reality TV professional these days. Aside from 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom, she’s also appeared on Celebrity Big Brother and endless US chat shows (which usually end in drama).
8. Farrah is seriously glam, and it’s probably no surprise to hear that she’s partial to a bit of plastic surgery every now and again. She’s reportedly gone under the knife for a couple of boob jobs, cheek fillers, a nose job and lip injections.
9. But you might remember that one batch of lip fillers in particular went all kinds of wrong, and the after pictures ended up all over the internet. Gulp.
10. Don’t underestimate her brain power either - you don’t make millions of dollars by accident, after all. Farrah has three college degrees - one in culinary arts one in culinary management and one in accounting.
11. She’s had major beef with a fair few celebs including Kendall Jenner after she said she didn’t agree with Farrah’s “choices in life”, and Nicki Minaj, who said she behaved like a “c*** to her mother”. Awks.
12. Despite having a reported net worth of somewhere between $1-2 million, Farrah is actually only 26 years old. She was born in Nebraska on May 31st 1991, making her a Gemini.
13. Her favourite movie is Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Classic.
Follow @MTVsingleAF #MTVsingleAF around the globe from 26th June to 11th July and help six sexy singles find their match!
DON’T MISS the launch of Single AF on Monday, 26th June on MTV.co.uk!
Words by Lucy Wood