13 Things You Need To Know About Single AF's Marnie Simpson
Haway Marns, haven't we seen you somewhere before?
It’s not long now until MTV’s brand new show Single AF takes over your life - but before you chuck your popcorn in the air with sheer excitement, it’s probably time you got to know the celebs who’ll be looking for romance within the confusing af world of social media.
One of the stars hoping that cupid likes, retweets, snaps and double taps her love life to success is our very own Newcastle lass, Marnie Simpson.
You probably think you know everything there is to know about Marnz thanks to her being part of the Geordie Shore gang for four years now, but haway pet, there’s more to this little radgie than you might think.
Here’s 13 things that you absolutely definitely need to know about Single AF's Marnie Simpson.
1. Marnie’s a bit of a Geordie icon these days, but even before entering the house with the rest of the lasses, she was repping the Newcastle pride. Prior to finding fame with MTV, Marnie was actually a Miss Newcastle finalist.
2. Seeing as she’s signed up to Single AF, it’s pretty obvious that Marnie hasn’t found the one quite yet. But along the way she’s dated a few pretty high profile celebs, including Geordie’s Aaron Chalmers, TOWIE’s Lewis Bloor, Big Brother’s Anthony Hutton and EOTB’s Jordan Davies.
3. And as well as all that lot, Marnie has actually been engaged in the past. She and TOWIE’s Ricky Rayment first got together in January 2015 and he popped the question in June, but things quickly went downhill. Marnie’s even gone on to describe it as “the biggest mistake of my life”. Awks.
4. She’s admitted that her weirdest celebrity crush is probably Simon Cowell, explaining that the whole “dominating” thing is a turn on for her. Not sure whether they’ll be crossing paths on Single AF, but you never know.
5. While most of her high profile flings have been with lads, Marnie is actually bisexual. She came out to her Geordie Shore pals in 2016, and has said that she’d definitely consider a relationship with a girl. Watch this space, eh?
6. Like the rest of the Geordie girls, Marnie has a bit of a thing for surgery, having undergone a pretty whopping 10 procedures. These include liposuction, lip fillers, a nose job and a boob job - but she says she’s “completely done” with all of that now.
7. According to Marnz, the weirdest place she’s ever had sex is in a bush on the motorway in Benidorm with one of her ex boyfriends. And that, ladies and gents, is real romance - although she can also add the Geordie Shore house and the Celebrity Big Brother house to that list, too.
8. The first person she ever fancied EVER was Zach Morris off of Saved By The Bell.
9. Marnie has bravely spoken about her battle with mental health issues on a number of occasions. She’s admitted to struggling with body dysmorphia since becoming famous, and has also confessed that her anxiety can sometimes lead to breakdowns.
10. She was born on January 17th 1992 in South Shields, making her 25 years old. It also means she’s a Capricorn, and most romantically compatible with Scorpio, Taurus and Virgo. Iiiinteresting.
11. As well as being a reality star, Marnie also has her own clothing collections, the face of numerous beauty products and is even a best-selling published author with her book ‘Stripped Bare’.
12. One of Marnie’s favourite foods is cheesy chips. Great choice.
13. If you were wondering, Marnie reckons she has “the best looking vagina in the whole of Newcastle”, which is nice for her.
Follow @MTVsingleAF #MTVsingleAF around the globe from 26th June to 11th July and help six sexy singles find their match!
DON’T MISS the launch of Single AF on Monday, 26th June on MTV.co.uk!
Words by Lucy Wood