TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE VALLEYS TWITTER COMPETITION (EPISODE ONE, SEASON 3) – FEBRUARY 2014
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE VALLEYS TWITTER COMPETITION (EPISODE ONE, SEASON 3) – FEBRUARY 2014
1. This competition will be governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. All entrants confirm that, if they are under 18 years of age, they have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
2. Entrants can enter the competition online at www.twitter.com/mtvthevalleys and must follow these steps:
(i) use the @mtvthevalleys reply and the #TheValleys hashtag; and
(ii) tweet an answer (the “Entry Content”) to the following question: what does Chidgey throw at Lateysha during Episode One to make her “tampin fumin ragin” (the “Question”)? The answer will be revealed in Episode One of Season 3 of The Valleys, airing at 10.00pm GMT on 25 February 2014.
3. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 25 February 2014.
4. To enter the competition entrants must fulfil each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK or Ireland;
(b) be aged sixteen (16) or over on the date of entry;
(c) hold a Twitter account; and
(d) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or of the Promoter’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
5. One (1) entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt, this also applies where the same entrant uses multiple Twitter accounts. Multiple entries by the same entrant will be void and the entrant disqualified.
6. The competition is free to enter. However, costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering.
7. No purchase necessary.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and the Prize (as defined below).
9. One (1) first prize winner will be selected at random by a member of the Promoter’s marketing team from all entrants who provide valid entries and who correctly answered the Question.
10. The winner will be selected on 26 February 2014.
11. The winner shall receive a 16GB ipad Mini (the “Prize”).
12. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than as expressly set out in Term 11 above and no additional costs are included.
13. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of this competition (along with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature if they are under eighteen (18) years of age) prior to receiving the Prize.
14. The winner of the Prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the prize description.
15. The winner of the Prize will be notified by a direct message to their Twitter account on 26 February 2014 from @mtvthevalleys. Upon notification the winner will be asked to provide his/her name, age, address (including postcode), telephone contact number and e-mail address. The Promoter shall deliver the Prize within twenty eight (28) days of the winner providing his/her address to the Promoter.
16. In the event that the Promoter and the winner cannot for any reason establish contact within seven (7) days of the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original winner.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select a winner. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of the winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this may include the Entry Content being posting across Promoter’s social media platforms.
20. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
f) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
21. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms shall be disqualified.
22. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their respective licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
23. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as a winner.
24. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
25. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute Prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer and supplier.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays (to postal services or otherwise), changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes. For the avoidance of doubt, any affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winner for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or the Prize other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter and/or its personnel.
28. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
29. The name of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: MTV Networks Europe, The Valleys TX Twitter Competition Episode 1, Season 3, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
31. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have: (a) been made via participation in a syndicate; or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
32. These Terms may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
33. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
34. Any queries regarding the competition should specify the name of the competition and be addressed to:
MTV Networks Europe, The Valleys TX Twitter Competition Episode 1, Season 3, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT.