TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VICKY’S VALENTINE TWITTER/INSTAGRAM COMPETITION 2014
1. This competition will be governed by these Terms and Conditions and entrants agree that they have read and accept these Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. References to ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘entrant’ refer to you.
2. Entrants may enter the competition via Twitter or Instagram by following the relevant steps below:
(i) following MTV Geordie Shore on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MTVGeordieShore; and
(ii) tweeting a picture or link to a video of themselves asking out Vicky Pattison from Geordie Shore for a Valentine’s date, using the reply @mtvgeordieshore and using the twitter hashtag ‘#VickysValentine’ (the “Competition Tweet”) (to be tweeted by the entrant at any time during the period starting at 09:00AM GMT on Monday 10 February 2014 and ending at 11:59PM GMT on Wednesday 12 February 2014).
(i) upload a picture or video of themselves asking out Vicky Pattison from Geordie Shore for a Valentine’s date, using the hashtag ‘#VickysValentine’ (the “Competition Instagram”) (to be posted by the entrant at any time during the period starting at 09:00AM GMT on Monday 10 February 2014 and ending at 11:59PM GMT on Wednesday 12 February 2014).
The Competition Tweet or Competition Instagram (as the case may be) shall each be referred to as “Entry Content” in these Terms and Conditions. Entrants may only enter the Competition via Twitter or Instagram but not both.
3. All entrants confirm that:
a) they are the sole owner of any copyright in the Entry Content submitted by them and if they are not the sole owner that they have obtained the consent of the relevant owner and such owner has consented to the Entry Content being used in accordance with these Terms (including (without limitation) Term 17, 18 and 19); and
b) the Entry Content submitted by them does not include any third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless the entrant has obtained the consent of the relevant owner of any third party branding, logos, artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms (including (without limitation) Term 17, 18 and 19); and
c) if another person appears in the Entry Content together with the entrant that the entrant has obtained the relevant person’s permission to feature in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with the Terms (including (without limitation) Term 17, 18 and 19).
4. The competition is free to enter. However, costs to enter the competition via the Internet may vary so please check with your network operator for current charges. Entrants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering. We are not responsible for any costs in connection with entering the competition.
5. The closing date for entries is 11:59PM GMT on 12 February 2014.
6. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only aged 16 and over, excluding employees and immediate relatives of employees of MTV Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) or of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
7. One (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will be void (for the avoidance of doubt this includes entries by the same person using different Twitter or Instagram accounts) and the entrant disqualified at Promoter’s discretion.
8. The winner will have followed the steps for entry via Twitter or Instagram set out in Term 2 above, and will be the entry selected by a judging panel of three (3) persons consisting of one (1) member of the Promoter’s marketing department; Vicky Pattison from Geordie Shore; and one (1) independent individual after 09:00AM GMT on 13 February 2014 from all valid entries received. The panel will select the winner by assessing all valid entries and selecting the Entry Content which they deem amusing, funny, and the most ‘quintessentially Geordie Shore’.
9. One (1) winner will be selected.
10. The prize is as follows: a Valentine’s card signed by Geordie Shore cast member Vicky Pattison, and some chocolates (the “Prize”).
THE WINNER MUST BE AGED 16 OR OVER ON 12 FEBRUARY 2014.
NO ALTERNATIVE PRIZE CAN BE PROVIDED.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than as is expressly set out in Term 10 and no additional costs are included.
12. The winner of the Prize is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
13. The winner will be notified via direct message to his/her Twitter or Instagram account (depending on which platform the winner has used to enter the competition) after 10:00AM GMT on Thursday 13 February 2014. The winner will then be sent information regarding delivery of the Prize to his/her email address after replying to the direct message.
14. In the event that the Promoter and the winner cannot for any reason establish contact within seven (7) days from the Promoter’s initial attempt to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner using the same judging criteria from all the remaining valid entries received.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to contact any and/or all entrants by a direct message on Twitter or Instagram throughout the term of the competition in relation to these Terms and Conditions and the Prize.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select a winner.The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of the winner of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition all entrants hereby grant to the Promoter and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, transmit, broadcast, publish or delete any information or other material including without limitation, the entrant’s name, entry, Entry Content, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering or any statement made by them concerning the competition ("Submissions") by any means and in any and all media as they, in their discretion, see fit. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this will include the winner’s name and Entry Content being posted across the Promoter’s social media platforms. Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment.
18. All entrants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in favour of the Promoter, the Promoter’s affiliates and their respective licensees, assigns and successors in title, all moral rights in any Submissions to which he or she is, or may at any time in the future be, entitled.
19. All entrants hereby undertake that nothing in the Entry Content:
a) is defamatory;
b) is sexually explicit or suggestive, contains nudity or any dangerous activity or is profane, pornographic or violent;
c) is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
d) promotes the use of illegal drugs or firearms;
e) promotes any particular political agenda or message;
f) reveals any personal information, including but not limited to license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; or
g) is otherwise offensive or illegal.
20. Decisions as to whether Entry Content infringes these Terms and Conditions in any way shall be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Terms and Conditions shall be disqualified.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
22. The winner may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all Terms and Conditions of the competition prior to receiving their Prize.
23. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
24. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute Prize of equal value. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
25. No purchase necessary.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winner for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or Prize other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter and/or its personnel.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its respective obligations to the winners under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; and/or (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars). For the avoidance of doubt, the affected winner shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
28. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promoter believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
29. The winner’s name can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to FAO Lisa Whitelaw, Geordie Shore Valentine Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT, for one (1) month after the competition closes.
31. All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter on notice. All entrants are recommended to print off a copy or download a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their own record. No waiver of any rights by the Promoter or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Promoter waives its right to complain about a particular breach of these Terms by an entrant, it does not prevent the Promoter from complaining about other breaches.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or deceit or fraud by the Promoter.
33. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms and Conditions.
34. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
35. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
FAO Lisa Whitelaw, Geordie Shore Valentine Competition, MTV Networks Europe, 17-29 Hawley Crescent, Camden Lock, London, NW1 8TT.