101 Thoughts I Had While Watching The Great British Bake Off
Who does all the washing up?
With The Great British Bake Off having made a triumphant return on BBC One last night (August 5), we thought we'd share just a few thoughts that went through our mind while watching the best TV show on earth.
Including: WHAT DO THEY DO WITH ALL THE CAKE AFTERWARDS?
1. Yay it's back and Mel and Sue are already making me lol.
2. Oh it's so dramatic I can't cope. Look at all these innocent faces.
3. Meat pie lady is already a fave.
4. Oh it's filmed in Berkshire! Can I visit? Do they have a gift shop?
5. Why aren't Mel and Sue my BFFs already.
6. CAKE WEEK.
7. I just don't see the attraction in Paul Hollywood. Sorry ladies and gents.
8. I love Madeira cake though, how difficult could it be? It's just a sponge.
9. Mary Berry is my spirit animal.
10. Nadiya has way too many drawers in her house.
11. Ian is just showing off: "Oh I've just been to the Caribbean"
12. Mat with one t?! Not sure how I feel about that.
13. Oh but he is a fireman, he can save AND feed people. If this was X Factor he'd a have a guaranteed place in the final.
14. There's the lady who bakes ridiculously elaborate cakes for her grandchildren.
15. Is it just me or does the trombone start playing every time Paul isn't happy?
16. Dorret is going to show us her jib. Excuse me?!
17. Flora is 19 and on bake off. I am 23 and burn pasta.
18. I still don't know what a blood orange even is.
19. Stu is just so 'edgy' and 'cool' with his tattoos and double bass.
20. If Paul Hollywood says to chop, you chop Alvin.
21. Now where's the useless one who's going to go in the first week and panic?
22. And the one who's going to cry over shortbread?
23. Those oven doors are actual magic. Where do they disappear to?
24. Do you think they have to buy their own ingredients?
25. An aga?! WhoOoOoOoOo.
26. She must have used a normal oven before.
27. Man I want some madeira cake now. Do you think Tesco is still open?
28. Do they do their own washing up?
29. Great crack, Mat.
30. SO MANY LOVELY CRACKS.
31. STOP SAYING CRACK.
32. A syringe for baking?! This isn't Grey's Anatomy.
33. Note to self: Look up baking syringes on Amazon.
34. The candy drop test. What is Mary talking about?
35. Could I pull off a hot pink blazer?
36. 10/10 to Flora for decoration, very impressive.
37. Of course Paul was right about the chunks Alvin! YOU SHOULD HAVE CHOPPED.
38. I really want one of those mixers they use. I bet they're like £40000 though.
39. Just for decoration, I wouldn't actually use it.
40. Ah the technical challenge, where they separate the wheat from the chaff.
41. Wow that's a lot of icing.
42. Have Paul or Mary actually baked this example cake? I have my suspicions.
43. Oh great now there's loads of innuendos about nuts and walnut sizes.
44. Is this for real.
45. Ah yes I love it when they say "this could go horribly wrong".
46. Schadenfreude and all that.
47. Making caramel looks beyond stressful.
48. Stu is having serious issues. Maybe he should take that hat off.
49. If in doubt cover it up with meringue. That's my motto for every problem in life.
50. The tent looks so cosy when it's raining.
51. Okay I definitely can't pull off a hot pink blazer
52. Mary still can't say layers. "Nice lairs". IT'S L-A-Y-E-R-S.
53. Stu's walnut looks so lonely on it's own poor thing.
54. They should have an actual orchestra in the tent. Imagine how exciting that would be.
55. How are Paul and Mary not the size of houses having eaten this much cake.
56. Who eats the rest of the cakes after???
57. I hope they don't just throw them away.
58. Yay well done blue eye liner lady. Look how happy she is.
59. I find it weird that they have to wear the same clothes two days in a row.
60. We all know it's filmed over a weekend!
61. The music is making me feel tense.
62. I wonder if you can buy the soundtrack?
63. I don't actually know what a Black Forest gateau looks like.
64. Paul is looking very tanned.
65. Where do they all stay while they're filming? Is it every weekend?
66. That's a big commitment.
67. QUADRUPLE chocolate?! What is there apart from milk, white and dark?
68. Ian is putting an actual tree on his cake.
69. A tree.
70. Marie's doing trees as well!
71. I need a glass of milk just looking at this much chocolate cake.
72. Mat is totally copying Richard from last year with a pencil behind is ear.
73. Man I love melted chocolate. I could (totally have done this in the past) eat bowls of it.
74. A chocolate squirrel?!! Oh come on.
75. What on earth is this lady doing with balloons and chocolate. This is madness.
76. Stu is making me feel very stressed.
77. Oh my goodness the balloon technique is so clever!
78. Oh this poor ladies cake has collapsed and I'm actually going to cry.
79. Sue is being so nice to her I LOVE SUE.
80. HOW IS BAKING SO EMOTIONAL WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME .
81. Hearing Mary Berry say your sponge is disappointing is like the ultimate blow.
82. Flora's looks amazing!
83. I think I might take up baking. I could win people over at work with my baking wizardry.
84. How hard can it be?
85. I might whip up a gateau tomorrow in fact.
86. I could do a collar for it and everything.
87. Totally not putting beetroot in MY cake.
88. Come on Mary think of something nice to say about the disaster.
89. Oh no the disaster ladies cake didn't even taste nice. I want to give her a hug.
90. I don't think I'll take up baking after all. I'm not emotionally stable enough.
91. This is new, getting to see them all hang out as they deliberate.
92. Who did all that tidying up?? I need to know.
93. See ya later Stu. Maybe don't wear that hat next time you're on TV.
94.I love how they all act surprised that he went but secretly were all like "Yessss I'm safe b***hes".
95. I'm going to go put a bet on for Tamal to win. You heard it here first.
96. BISCUIT WEEK. I LOVE BISCUITS.
97. A BISCUIT BUS.
99. So that's the next 12 weeks of my life sorted, thanks GBBO!
100. *Logs on to Lakeland.com to buy baking supplies*
101. *Realises how expensive everything is and goes to Sainsbury's instead*