Andrew Garfield Hits Back Over 'Batkid' Reports
The Amazing Spider-Man star dismisses claims that he pulled out of Oscars tribute to cancer survivor...
There has been speculation over the reasons why a segment on "Batkid" (real name Miles Scott) was cut from Hollywood's biggest night of the year - and we told you yesterday how Garfield was reported to have visited the youngster instead of appearing at the ceremony.
But other sources had reported that the segment had been scrapped because the actor had disagreed with organisers over the content.
And now his rep has spoken to US Weekly and accused those sources of "lying" and explained that Garfield was just as upset by the segment being cut as Miles and his family.
Rupert Fowler told the mag: "Here are the facts. In full collaboration with the Academy and the show writer, Andrew prepared a segment for The Oscars to honour Miles Scott as the true hero that he is.
"At some point overnight on Saturday/Sunday morning, it was decided by those running the show that the segment didn't work in the ceremony. They decided to pull it - Andrew and Miles were equally upset.
"The producers arranged for Miles and his family to visit Disneyland on Monday and Andrew drove down to visit them and to bring Miles a personal gift.
"Andrew did the right thing for Batkid and anyone saying otherwise is flat out lying."