The fifth and final instalment in the Twilight movie franchise has gone straight to the top of the US box office charts, taking $141.3m on its opening weekend.
Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, enjoyed the eighth-biggest opening weekend of all time.
The movie earned more than the first Twilight film, which took $138.1m, but less than New Moon, which made $142.8m in its opening weekend back in 2009.
The new James Bond movie, Skyfall, which took an impressive £55m in ticket sales in its opening weekend, has now been knocked into second place.
In third place is Steven Spielberg's Lincoln, which climbed 12 places this week, with $21m in tickets sold.
At No 4 is the animated movie Wreck-It-Ralph ($18.3m) with Denzel Washington's film Flight ($8.6m) rounding out the top five.
Making up the rest of the top 10 are: Argo, Taken 2, Pitch Perfect, Here Comes the Boom and Cloud Atlas.
The top 10 in full (studio estimates):
1. (-) Breaking Dawn - Part 2 - $141.3 million
2. (1) Skyfall - $41.5 million
3. (15) Lincoln - $15.1 million
4. (2) Wreck-It-Ralph - $6.7 million
5. (3) Flight - $4 million
6. (4) Argo - $2.55 million
7. (5) Taken 2 - $2.52 million
8. (8) Pitch Perfect - $2.50 million
9. (9) Here Comes the Boom - $2.49 million
10. (6) Cloud Atlas - $2.35 million