Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 Tops US Box Office
The latest Twilight movie knocks Skyfall into second place…
The fifth and final instalment in the Twilight movie franchise has gone straight to the top of the US box office charts, taking $141.3m on its opening weekend.
The movie earned more than the first Twilight film, which took $138.1m, but less than New Moon, which made $142.8m in its opening weekend back in 2009.
The new James Bond movie, Skyfall, which took an impressive £55m in ticket sales in its opening weekend, has now been knocked into second place.
In third place is Steven Spielberg's Lincoln, which climbed 12 places this week, with $21m in tickets sold.
At No 4 is the animated movie Wreck-It-Ralph ($18.3m) with Denzel Washington's film Flight ($8.6m) rounding out the top five.
Making up the rest of the top 10 are: Argo, Taken 2, Pitch Perfect, Here Comes the Boom and Cloud Atlas.
The top 10 in full (studio estimates):
1. (-) Breaking Dawn - Part 2 - $141.3 million
2. (1) Skyfall - $41.5 million
3. (15) Lincoln - $15.1 million
4. (2) Wreck-It-Ralph - $6.7 million
5. (3) Flight - $4 million
6. (4) Argo - $2.55 million
7. (5) Taken 2 - $2.52 million
8. (8) Pitch Perfect - $2.50 million
9. (9) Here Comes the Boom - $2.49 million
10. (6) Cloud Atlas - $2.35 million