11 Things You Should Know About The Brand New Victoria’s Secret Angel Josephine Skriver
Get ready to make room for a new girl crush in your life, because Victoria’s Secret have recruited a brand new Angel to the team.
Josephine Skriver is the newest member of the gang – and CMO Ed Razek is very happy about it.
After calling the model ‘a stunning young woman and a delightful person’ while welcoming her to the ‘most exclusive club in the history of modelling’, we wanted to get to know her a little better.
So, here are 11 things you should know about the new Angel rookie…
1. She hails from DenmarkThe 22-year-old is originally from Copenhagen.
2. Her mother and father are both gay
According to i-D, Josephine’s mum put an ad out in a LGBTQ newsletter looking for a gay man to help her start a family… And the rest is history.
3. She’s an LGBTQ activist
Jo is an advocate for global LGBTQ rights and is involved with organisations like Family Equality Council and COLAGE.
4. She was discovered on the streets of Manhattan
Like some kind of real life fairytale.
5. She made her NYFW debut in February 2011And has since gone on to model in campaigns for the likes of Bulgari, Gucci, Michael Kors and Tom Ford.
6. She wrote a beautiful piece hitting back at Dolce & Gabbana for calling IVF kids ‘synthetic humans’
Jo herself was an IVF baby, and as she proved in this amazing article, she refuses to let anyone make her feel inferior about it.
7. She’s a huge sports fan
Her (American) football team of choice is the Oakland Raiders.
8. She has some seriously cool friends
Besides the VS girls, she hangs out with Camila Cabello, Hailee Steinfeld and even Michael Clifford from 5SOS.
9. She’s a self confessed nerd
And she definitely isn’t into having a picture perfect social media presence 24/7, as proven by this ICONIC picture.
10. She already has 1.5 million Instagram followers
Which is only going to skyrocket from now on.
11. She is clearly ~very~ excited about becoming an Angel
- By Charlotte Warwick
Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2015
Rebel Wilson Is A Verifiable Victoria's Secret Angel