Are These Guys The WWE Royal Rumble 2015 Surprise Entrants?
Will Rob Van Dam be on hand for Sunday's Rumble? And what about Randy Orton, Sheamus and Sting? We assess the rumours...
We love a good WWE rumour, here at MTV. However, we also know to dismiss 99% of them as being a load of old hokum, birthed from the fantasy booking brain belches of dirtsheet wannabes.
But when it comes to Royal Rumble time, we pay a little more attention - because with the likes of Honky Tonk Man, Diesel, Goldust and more having made unscheduled showings in the over-the-top rope battle royal, most speculative scenarios about who may make a Rumble cameo are usually tamer than reality anyway.
So let's consider who is said to be in the running to show up on Sunday for the 2015 instalment of the Royal Rumble.
- Rob Van Dam: He comes, he goes - and the fans love to see him every time. RVD obviously has an awesome relationship with WWE - he always delivers and makes their younger talent look fantastic and WWE always position him as a top player, even if he isn't part of any long-term plans. Chances of being in the Rumble: 8/10
- Chris Jericho: He's currently appearing on WWE live events show, but Jericho has insisted he won't be in Philadelphia to take part in the Rumble. But he does like a tease, does Mr J. Chances of being in the Rumble: 5/10
- Diamond Dallas Page: If you love your unsubstantiated rumours, here's the backstage whisper of backstage whispers. He's on every podcast going, is on good terms with the company after performing induction duties at last year's Hall of Fame and is in cray-cray shape for a man of his years. Chances of being in the Rumble: 7/10
- Sting: Not going to happen. He may show his face at some point, but giving away his first in-ring activity for WWE without it being advertised? Think again. Chances of being in the Rumble: 1/10
- Bully Ray and Devon, the Dudley Boyz: These guys' current contract commitments for endeavours beyond WWE aren't entirely clear, so the opportunity cannot be instantly crushed like R-Truth in a match against Rusev. And they can certainly still go. But a very remote likelihood of appearing, at best. Chances of being in the Rumble: 3/10
- Bo Dallas: He made his main roster debut as the first NXT competitor to ever appear in a Rumble, back in 2013. Having been off injured for a few months, it'd be ace to see Bo return on such a stage. Keep on Bo'lieving. Chances of being in the Rumble: 7/10
- Some NXT guys: Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Kevin Owens and Kalisto of the Lucha Dragons have all been tipped... and it is something we'd definitely like to see. But could the event overshadow their top-level bow? Chances of being in the Rumble: 4/10
- Sheamus: Appearing as a prelude to a different kind of approach, kicking heads off friends as well as foes to sow the seeds of suspicion about a change in his fan-pleasing attitude? Maybe, fella. Chances of being in the Rumble: 7/10
- Randy Orton: He's one of the favourites to win with the bookies, after Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. So we're putting our virtual money where our mouth is: yes, he could possibly very likely maybe definitely sort of appear. Chance of being in the Rumble? More yes than no.
Check out WWE.com's top 10 surprise Rumble entrants in the video above.
Who've you got your money on to make a cameo? Let us know by tweeting us at @MTVUK, using the hashtag #RoyalRumble.