Gary Barlow Speaks Out On Frankie Cocozza's Exit
The X Factor judge on the contestant's decision to leave...
The Take That star has said:
"Frankie has apologised publicly as well as personally to me and the producers for his actions that lead to him leaving the show.
"I'm hugely disappointed that he's thrown away an opportunity like this after working so hard to get here.
"I'm sorry to see him go as we've been through a lot together in such a short time.
I hope Frankie continues to look to me as a friend and supporter and works it all out, picks himself up and somehow tries to turn this into a positive."
Cocozza had earlier issued an apology to his fans, his fellow contestants and Gary, his mentor, saying:
"I'd like to apologise to Gary, my fellow contestants and everyone who has voted for me, but, as of today, I will no longer be in The X Factor.
"My life during the show has gone out of control and my behaviour off stage has over-stepped the rules of the competition. I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me."
The X Factor is currently at the centre of two Cocozza-related Ofcom investigations.
One follows complaints that his on-screen bad behaviour has glamorised the misuse of alcohol and one after he swore on TV before the 9pm watershed, yelling "f**king get in there" when he was voted through on the October 23 results show.
X Factor bosses have said they will make an announcement tomorrow (Wednesday November 9) about how Frankie's departure will affect the the format of the show.