The X Factor Most Watched Show Of 2010
XF Final tops list of most-watched programmes this year…
The X Factor's live final has topped the list of most-watched programmes of 2010.
According to overnight numbers provided by ratings research board Barb, the show that saw Matt Cardle crowned the winner of the talent show managed to pull in an average of 17.7 million viewers, with 17.4 million tuning in to see England lose to Germany in The World Cup, coming in 2nd place.
EastEnders' 25th anniversary live special was the third most-watched show of the year, with 16.4 million, while in fourth place was Coronation Street's live 60th anniversary episode which was watched by 14.7 million viewers.
The final of BBC1's Strictly Come Dancing took eighth position with an audience of 13 million.
1. THE X FACTOR RESULTS - 17.7 million
2. WORLD CUP 2010: ENG V GER - 17.4 million
3. EASTENDERS 25th ANNIVERSARY EP - 16.4 million
4. CORONATION STREET 60th ANNIVERSARY EP - 14.7 million
5. WORLD CUP 2010: ENG v ALG - 14.6 million
6. BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT FINAL - 13.49 million
7. I'M A CELEBRITY - GET ME OUT OF HERE! FINAL - 13.48 million
8. STRICTLY COME DANCING FINAL - 13 million
9. DOCTOR WHO NEW YEARS DAY EP - 12.2 million
10. DOWNTON ABBEY - 10.7 million