Philip Seymour Hoffman 'Died From Mixed Drug Overdose'
Actor's death attributed to combination of heroin, cocaine and amphetamines in post-mortem report...
Medical examiners in New York City have revealed that Philip Seymour Hoffman's death was caused by "acute mixed drug intoxication".
The body of the 46-year-old actor was found at his home in the big apple on 2 February this year, with a syringe reportedly still in his arm.
And now a post-mortem report has confirmed that heroin, cocaine, amphetamines and benzodiazepine were found in his body.
The dangerous practice of injecting heroin and cocaine together is known as "speedballing" - and the deaths of actor River Phoenix and comedian John Belushi are among those attributed to it.
Hoffman had been addicted to drugs during his college years, but had famously been sober for 23 years before a major relapse.
It was later discovered that he had made six cash machine withdrawals for a total of £800 from a supermarket close to his home on the Saturday night before he died.