Singer, songwriter and actress Dylan Conrique is in the hot seat this week, get to know the singer who’s track ‘Birthday Cake’ went viral this year with over 40M streams. The emotional track pays tribute to her friends mum who passed away when they were young.
Known for her roles in ‘Henry Danger’ and ‘Rookie’, Dylan is now exploring her musical talents & we’re so excited to hear more!
1. For those who don’t know about you and your music, tell us a little bit about who you are and where you’re from…
Well I was born and raised in Northern California. Growing up I was always listening to country music, riding ATVs with my family, and hanging with friends. I always knew that I wanted to make music, even at a very young age. I just naturally loved it so much. So my family and I packed everything up and moved to Los Angeles where I am now signed to a label writing and releasing music!
2. Who/what inspired you to start a career in music?
When I was little I would always come up with little shows to perform in front of my whole family and took it really seriously. I loved performing so that’s what inspired me initially, and then when I started writing music I was inspired by the storytelling in the country songs I listened to growing up.
3.Who are your biggest musical influences?
Growing up I always listened to Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts. They are definitely big influences for my own music.
4. Tell us about the writing and recording process of your new release…
I wrote my song Birthday Cake about 2 years ago and originally just wrote it for my best friend. The song is about my best friend who lost her mom 6 years ago and it’s to remind her to keep living life to the fullest and to remember those great times and memories with her mom. Once she heard the song, she told me I needed to release it.
5.What has been your biggest career highlight so far?
It’s definitely been releasing my song Birthday Cake and seeing how many people it’s impacted. I've never had this many people listen to one of my songs before and it’s a really cool feeling. It’s also been really special seeing how many people have genuinely connected to it. It only makes me want to keep writing and putting out more meaningful songs.
6. Who would be your dream collaboration and why?
I would LOVE to sing one of Rascal Flatts songs with them. Growing up they were all that I listened to.
7. Have you met anyone and been totally starstruck?
I met Zendaya a very long time ago and was so nervous that I could barely get a word out.
8. If you could only listen to one song on repeat for the rest of time what would it be and why?
It would probably be “what hurts the most” by Rascal Flatts.
9. What’s on your playlists that people wouldn’t expect?
I have a lot of old T-pain songs in my playlists! I love listening to old pop and R&B.
10. What can we expect from your live shows?
I definitely want to make everyone in that room feel special. I want to be able to just sit with them and chat and sing some songs and just hang with each other!
11. When can we see you live this year?
I hope very very very soon!! Hopefully this summer or fall.
'Dylan Conrique's single 'Birthday Cake' is out now!'
- Get To Know: Eddie BenjaminIn the PUSH limelight this week is Australian singer-songwriter Eddie Benjamin...09/06/2022
- Get To Know: JeshiIn the #MTVPUSH limelight is Jeshi...02/06/2022
- Get To Know: Dylan ConriqueIn the #MTVPUSH spotlight this week is Dylan Conrique...26/05/2022
- Get To Know: Moonchild SanellyThis week we’re getting to know South African musician and dancer, Moonchild Sanelly...18/05/2022
- Get To Know: FLOIn the MTV PUSH spotlight this week is your new fav girlband, FLO!12/05/2022
- Get To Know: Poppy AjudhaIn the #MTVPUSH eye this week is singer/songwriter Poppy Ajudha...05/05/2022